We're New York - No Taxes For 10 Years

well, there are probably a bunch of analysts and other important job at corporate headquarters.

Yes, but the point was that the *average* salary wasn't likely to be in the 100k range where it might make sense to pay a little to get more back in taxes.

Even if they were all 200k jobs, though, it rubs me the wrong way when a business can play one tax area off against another on order to *lower* their burden beyond a certain floor. These are people who can certainly afford to pay tax, as can the business.

It's one if the pitfalls of federalism, and I'd love to see it corrected via regulation.

That's not entirely true. If corporations were psychopaths, we wouldn't need laws punishing them for not acting sufficiently psychopathic. I guess they're like Zeta.

indeed they are, owned and run by individuals paying an income tax

Oh, it's that simple ?. Corporations are just the people that own them ? Then maybe we should just get rid of limited liability and the contemporary concept of Corporation and arrest the shareholders every time they break the law.
Or we can acknowledge that they enjoy substantial legal privileges and should pay for them.

Do you mean the Cartel, Mr. Grimes?

Top Bottom