1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Were the Cree or Chandragupta hinted at in the trailer?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by kryat, Jan 3, 2018.

1. kryat

kryat Chieftain

So far, the Koreans, Dutch, and Mongols were clearly alluded to in the trailer, but nothing seems to have hinted toward the Cree or Chandragupta. Could this mean that the rest of the the trailer elements are red herrings?

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I think all the trailer elements hint at something, but not all of them hint at civs. Other parts may be hinting at gameplay features like loyalty and ages or governors.

3. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Well there isn't really anything else in the trailer (apart from the Georgia stuff) that hints at any Civ in particular that isn't already in the game.

Although I still think Italy is a possibility, I am unconvinced that plague doctor guy is a reference to Italy as that distinctive mask was worn all over medieval Europe.

CPWimmer and kryat like this.
  4. kryat

kryat Chieftain

This makes sense. For instance, the gladiator scene is probably referencing the “Bread and Circuises” city project, for instance. Maybe the explorer scene was really referring to one of the Golden Age dedications?

5. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

Honestly, I don't know what Firaxis's timeline is with these things. Who even knows if they'd decided on all the Civs when they made the trailer. For that matter, did they even do the trailer in-house?

6. Eagle Pursuit

They didn't. We found an article on LinkedIn by the guy who did the storyboards for the trailer. He showed some of them. The one for the Netherlands explicitly said "Map of Amsterdam" on the map. Shortly after we discovered it, the article was taken down.

7. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

Oh that then makes it more likely imho that they didn't necessarily have all the Civs decided on when that process started.

8. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

What Georgia stuff? You mean those archers? Why do you think they are Georgian, not Hungarian or Armenian for example. I'm really curious, and maybe I've missed something.

9. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Apparently, their design is similar to Georgian clothing. Also the castle resembles a castle in Georgia.

10. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

Screens? Links? This castle resembles any castle in any part of the world where castles were built :)

11. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

You'll have to dig through some of these threads here to find the pictures.

Here's a link.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  12. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Chieftain

I assumed the plague doctor and ship at sea in a storm were representative of Emergencies.

13. Eagle Pursuit

Probably not. From what we know of emergencies, they are the means of knocking the top player off the top spot by uniting the other players against them. It doesn't have anything to to do random events.

14. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

Thx.

15. Duckfromstatefarm

Duckfromstatefarm Chieftain

I won't say they weren't hinted in the trailer but they were leaked 2-3 weeks ago by a Chinese 2k dev, which meant that we knew who it was going to be next.

16. kryat

kryat Chieftain

The parts of the trailer that are yet mysterious to me:

Building the dam - maybe related to monumentality dedication?
    Ship at sea during a storm - maybe also related to the exploration dedication?
    Plague doctor - decreased growth in some dark ages?
    Berlin Wall - coming out of a dark age?
    United Nations scene - unknown post-modern dedication?

17. Eagle Pursuit

The "building a dam" part; I wonder if they are constructing a Carthaginian Cothon. Cothons are circular artificial additions to harbors dedicated to warships instead of commercial vessels.