Westboro Baptist Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody gets a little too worked up about these freaks... how many supporters does that nut really have? Probably not many, and those that he does have, are morons.

I'd be more concerned about, you know, real problems and stuff.

Most of the church members are part of Fred Phelps' family.
And you're right, of course.

they quote the bible, and pose as a church, so they are going to be considered a religious organization no matter how un- Christian the beliefs are.
Just because they "quote" scriptures does not make them a Christian. I have seen plenty of non Christians on this forum quote scriptures. All it shows that you something about the Bible, whether it be true or not.
The Devil may cite Scripture for his purpose.
That is true. If you read the account of when Satan tempted Jesus, he did so by quoting parts of the Psalms. Now Jesus counter each of these quotes by quoting scripture to show what The Bible really wants us to do.

Since these people quote scripture does not make them Christian. The vast majority of things they say are utter lies.

By their fruit.

The definition of a Christian would probably be one akin to whether or not they believed in an arbitary level of the divinity of Christ, and more importantly whether or not they label themselves as Christian, not one based on a particular belief system based on it. Even heretics are still by definition Christians, just misguided flock.

If it was simply because they do not even remotely act like what Jesus had taught on, say, the Sermon of the Mount, you and many other American Christians wouldn't be considered Christian. That's rather absurd. If you want to distance yourself from it, that's fine, but labeling them "not Christian" is as silly as saying that muslim fundamentalists "arn't muslim" - it's the true Scotsman's fallacy.

* Thank God for 9/11[23]
* Thank God for the Tsunami[25]
* Thank God for Katrina[26]
* Thank God for Dead Soldiers[23]
* Thank God for IEDs[23] (improvised explosive devices)
* Thank God for AIDS[6]

I think it's healthy. They can take the seemingly most negative things and spin them with a positive light.

They sell Jesus thongs, its a joke site, I've seen it before. I want a Jesus thong.

You're thinking of Landover. Westboro is probably real.

Anyways, I would call them real Christians. Not good Chirstians - not true followers of Christ - but really Christian, in the sense I understand the word, nonetheless.

I dont even consider them christian, tbh.

Of course you don't. But the bible is very clear on homosexuality, so what they are doing, is following "the word of god". Same god you worship.

They just do it more literally which I think is to their credit. If I thought any of that mumbo jumbo came from the almighty god, I wouldn't be screwing around, I'd follow every word to the letter.

I wouldn't pick and choose like you and most other religious folks seem to be doing. The pickin and choosin only indicates you somewhere deep down know better, but thats just what I think.

PS. That list made me laugh.

O boy.

The Bible doesn't clearly state anything about homosexuality. Welcome to the Christian Bible debate of this decade!

Well it dose say something along the lines of:

Thou shalt not buttsecks the men, dose it not?
Then what the hell was that Sodom and Gonorrea part about?

Why did god send Loki and Ben Affleck to shock and awe those 2 cities, if not the buttsecks? :confused:

No, the old man, Lot offered his 2 virgin daughters to the buttsecksers, and they rejected the daughters.

That lot guy sounds like some kind of an A-hole dosent he?

I'd rather have someone outside my family be raped than my own 2 virgin daughters! I'd rather have all other men outside my family be raped (yes you the reader included! :run:) than someone looking funny at my kids.

Goes to show you, if youre a good guy in the bible, youre probably a dumbass. Like that other dude who was told to kill his son.

Id be like, do your own goddamned dirty work, why would anyone obey a god that would ask that from someone, and furthermore, why would a benign almighty being want the obedience of some nit like that guy?

Like if I come across someone who is really moronic, I don't want that person to like me. God has worse self-esteem than I do?

I could go on, but for everybodys sake I won't.

Of course you don't. But the bible is very clear on homosexuality, so what they are doing, is following "the word of god". Same god you worship.

They just do it more literally which I think is to their credit. If I thought any of that mumbo jumbo came from the almighty god, I wouldn't be screwing around, I'd follow every word to the letter.

I wouldn't pick and choose like you and most other religious folks seem to be doing. The pickin and choosin only indicates you somewhere deep down know better, but thats just what I think.

PS. That list made me laugh.

O boy.

Yes, according to the Bible Homosexuality is a sin, but the Bible is very clear that Jesus came to save sinners, whether they be homosexuals or not. The Bible is also clear that everyone is a sinner.
John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

I can give you more quotes about what the Bible says, if you want.

I don't understand why Sodom and Gomorrah are considered stories about homosexuality. Clearly the men of Sodom wanted to rape. Isn't rape the real crime there?

They want to have sex with the angels, who looked like men. If that is not Homosexuality then I don;t know what is. There is plenty of passages in the Bible where rape is done and none of them are ever as forcefully judged by God as this situation. Also the fact that they rejected the compromised position of Lot giving them his daughters, clearly means that they were looking for Homosexual sex, whether consensual or not, is not the point of this passage, but the facgt that they wanted to have sex with these men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom