1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Europe 85X95

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by Iuvavus, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Iuvavus

Iuvavus Marcomanni Exile

Hi, I'm back with a new map, after quit a long time.

It's a Western Europe again, but now larger (85X95 while the old one was 38X48). Resources are as accurate as possible.

There is a vanilla version (WE85X95Va) and a warlords version (WE85X95WL).

So have fun, Vanilla- and Warlords-Players! And Moders are welcome to use it for scenarios.

Attached Files:

2. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

very nice :goodjob:

3. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

Iuvavus, you are my favorite map maker for civ4, your maps are consistently well made and the perfect size to run on my computer. Could you make a newer, slightly larger version of your Middle East map, this time including just a little bit more of greece and the black sea?

4. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

wish you could have gone just a little further to the east to include say St. Petersburg or even Istanbul.

5. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

But then it wouldn't be western Europe. :)

6. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Head Serf,

Point taken, but it's just hard to take Russia and the Ottomans out of European history. St. Petersburg was Peter the Great's gateway to the West. The Turks did make it all the way to the gates of Vienna. I've just been looking for a Huge Warlords map of Europe that doesn't include Africa or the Middle East.

7. Iuvavus

Iuvavus Marcomanni Exile

Thank you very much for your positive reactions!

@ Head Serf and davbenbak: I'll take care of your requests within the next two months, is that OK? I hope, you can wait for so long.

8. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

Thank you so much Iuvavus, I can't wait for another one of your excellent maps!

9. Capt_Skirk

Capt_Skirk Chieftain

very nice map. :)

i hope i ve the time to make a nice scenario with it . (yes u ll be credited of course)

10. Iuvavus

Iuvavus Marcomanni Exile

A scenario would be nice, maybe WWI or WWII Western-Front, German-French-War, 100-Years-War, Spanish-Armada, Charlemagne, Reconquista, ...
    History had a lot of events in this Region of Europe, that would be worthy a scenario.

11. Iuvavus

Iuvavus Marcomanni Exile

I've made and posted it, you can find it here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=200565

12. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Hey, What about my request?

13. Iuvavus

Iuvavus Marcomanni Exile

OOOPS!!!!! I'm very sorry, I completely forgot, that you are wating for a map.:hide:
    I had a lot to do in the last months (working in my job, studing at the university, writing my theses, performing as a singer ...), too much to remember your request. Can you forgive me? :please:

If nothing unpredicable happenes, your map will be done untill Sunday.

14. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Forgiven. Just as a reminder I was looking for a huge map for Warlords with resources of Europe that stops at 40 degrees to the East so as to include Moscow and Turkey and the Black Sea but goes no farther south than Sicily and Crete (in other words no North Africa or Syria/Isreal/Palestine, Crete is actually optional). Please leave one sea spot south of Gibraltar and Sicily so as to make them navigable. Also please include starting spots for the following cities, London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Berlin, Moscow, Warsaw(Celts), Vienna(Americans), Athens, Ankara(Turks), Stockholm(Vikings). Thanks again.

15. Iuvavus

Iuvavus Marcomanni Exile

The map davbenbak requested is ready to download:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5568861#post5568861

Unfortunally I read davbenbak's reply to my last post too late, so there are no civs and cities added. It also contains a bit of Northern Africa and Greenland. But the unwanted areas can be deleted very easy in Wordbuilder.