WH Mini-Mods

Wait! Before you tear the mod apart. I have redownloaded and reinstalled your modmod, and now i can't load my own autosaves? :eek:

No. Not THAT error. But... :cry: I think i have to reinstall again. A game with Maztamundi on solwens warhammer map resulted in a total freeze. I had to pull the electric cord (don't now if that is correct english?).

I did nothing. I was contacted by Chaos Dwarves. Then the game freeze.
Today i continued that game. Played 50 more turns. Got contacted by Dwarves (the nice ones), then CTD. No warning, just -plop- to the desktop. I realy don't now if this is the regular warhammer mod or your magic mod. Both times it was diplomacy. :dunno: You have not changed anything there have you? I have played many times with regular warhammer and only seen the "insane" error. Anyway, here is the autosave. Hope you can load it :trouble:
But THAT error i haven't seen. :goodjob:

Edit: Those two diplomacy errors is not reproducible. I just continue playing after loading the autosave.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-3884.CivBeyondSwordSave
    547.9 KB · Views: 74
The Lorien 1 spell "Father of Thorns" casted at a barbarian Guardian Vines always miscast. 10 times of 10.

again, load failed :( :confused:

i havent changed diplomacy at all, ill take a look though anyway.

thanks for those 2 bugs, ill check them out :)

EDIT:
ok, father of the thorn (which is a Jade spell, not Loren ;) ) is fixed, it was supposed to make the enemy unit immobile for a turn, but the code is buggy, and the tag <iImmobileTurns>1</iImmobileTurns> thinks it is the tag <iMiscastChance>1</iMiscastChance>. ive changed it to adding the promotion 'entangled' to the enemy which grants -1 movement untill i get the <iImmobileTurns>1</iImmobileTurns> thing fixed (i dont know how)

Master of the Wood works fine now too, both inside boarders and outside of boarders (but the forest is created in the casters tile, not the enemies, i havent quite figured out how to put the forest on the enemy tile ;) )

Very strange you can't load my autosaves. I have BTS 3.13, warhammer 0.11 patch H and your mini-mod 1.1 patch A. Could it be that i installed the soundpatch after your mini-mod? That shouldn't do any difference, should it?

Anyway, i got a CTD again with mr Maztamundi.

And this is not a proper bug, but it is not only the woodelves that can build in forests. Any one with Jade 1 or Loren 1 can conjure up a "New Forest". Now be quick with lots of workers and build a farm or mine or something. Then voila, forest and mine on the same tile! Ooops, was that cheating?

Good about those 2 spellbugs. I think i start a new game tomorrow. Clock is 3 in the morning here. Maybee Maztamundi is buggy? Or me, i'm to tired. -croack-

was it a Diplo CTD again? i dont see why installing the soundpatch after the minimod would make a difference... perhaps there is something wrong in the text file? ive changed that a lot and it links to just about every other file, i think ill check it out.

ah, looks like you discovered an exploit :p ill make it so those improvements cant be built in new forests either ;)

just a couple more bugs and i think ill post the next patch :)

EDIT:
hmmm, it seems i cant say 'dont build farms if there is a new forest'. perhaps ploe will need to look into that later. though its net really urgent ;)

Hi!
Haven't been around for quite a while, and it shows!
such progress.

casting a forest then cutting it down might be an exploit too?
Or does it not yield shields when cut down?

Maybe you could have the eventhandler replace newforest with normal forest?

Does the newforest destroy existing enhancements?
(I know, I should install, just wary of it consuming too much time again. ;))

Great work on those spells PL.

Thanks AH :D

currently you cant cast a spell that plants a forest ontop of another improvement. (or in the case of the 'master of the wood' spell the forest just dosnt appear but the enemy still takes damage.)

it will probably be an exploit, but then that will be one of the advantages of researching the Jade magic. (loren magic will soo not be avaliable to all civs except woodelves, as soon as i figure out how)

as a note, im going to need help with the Skaven magics once Chaos and Sigmar blessings are done. so i hope you will be able to help me out there AH, i know verly little about skaven :)

Sure, I'd be happy to help out in any way.

It's been a while again since I looked at python or XML code, but I guess it will be like riding a monocycle. damn hard ;)

Have to catch up on developments though.

you wont need to look at python or XML at all if you dont want to. i will just need the ideas for the spells and we can work on the mechanics after. i want 8 spells. 2 level 1, 3 level 2, and 3 level 3 spells. im not sure if clan Skyre and Pestilense have different spells, or do they use the same spells? (pestilense would probably be very close to Nurgle spells i guess)

You must realize that skaven are not very magicaly adept.
Only Grey Seers (which are very, very rare) can perform magic, and even then they need to consume refined warpstone to help them.
This does not mean skaven magic is weak, on the contrary the raw warping choas of their magics is highly dangerous to all involved.
edit: Considder this: What skaven lack in intelligence they make up in cunning, their magic is like that too. Not elegant and fully thought out, but insidious and it is likely to come back to bite your tail off.

Of all the clans, Pestillence is the most independent civilization.
They have their own interpretation of religion, their own bubonic magics, independent Grey seers (act as priests) and such. The magics that fever-addled priests have scratched down during their long exile in Lustria have much in common with those used by those subverted by the Nurgle.

Skryre are mostly about warp lightning and subversion of alien(bright etc)magics to work for chaos. They use mechanical means to visualize and manipulate the winds of magic, most often employing warpstone, runes and other esotheric apparatus.

Moulder are more like bio-engeneering alchemists using warpstone.

Eshin possibly has it's own magics, assisting stealth, but those are shrouded in secrets. They are known to use warpstone somehow to create esotheric toxic weapons.

Mainstream Warlord Clans get their magic in the form of echanted weapons, created by either the mystic GreySeers or more commonly by clan Skryre. Again commonly using warpstone to magnify the malignancy of the spells and runes forged into the item.

Grey Seers are the most intelligent and cunning of all skaven, they enjoy the favour of the Horned One (as long as they are succesfull in their intrigues). Infighting in Skaven society is harch and machiavellian, as such the un-naturally long-lived Seers inevitably rise to the upper ranks. Which is to say the grey Counsil.

---
I'm not quite sure how clans might work and interact as seperate civs.
It is a wholly different concept from the clan influence by religion-mechanics.

I assume the Skryre, warlord clan, and grey seers are available to all.
Will all skaven civs have access to eachother's special units? (but at a double cost.) Maybe award money to the relevant clan if a special unit is built by another skaven civ?

How will the Grey Counsil be worked out?
Assume the player is one of the members.
Is the grey counsil a vassal system? (ie will skaven have high tendency to ally eachother?...skaven DO fight easilly, maybe also let them forget grudges easilly. They are cowardly back-stabbers after all.)

How to manipulate the counsil? -auction in warptokens? (buy influence)
Might be something like the UN.
with resolutions, weighted votes etc. "all declare war on known civ X".

I think I'm off-topic now. ;) sorry.

Interesting...

i think we should have the 8 main spells from Clan Skyre (avaliable to all skaven clans), and then an additional 4 'divine' spells specifically for the Pestilense plaguemonks (or whatever).
Eshin wouldnt necesserilly have 'spells' as such, but abilities, like the ability to poison water as in BTS espionage, the ability to add poisonblade promotion, or increase assassination chance, the ability to go hidden ationality and turn invisible. (basically like the Esus religion in FfH and Shadow magic?)

--------

The Grey Council is a very interesting concept. i wonder, would it be possible to have the Grey Council a UN system unique only to Skaven civs? and also have the normal Un system for other civs?

The commonly available would then be:

Skryre (low level warpmagics) 4 spells
-warplightning: magic missile, collateral damage. (high power/low power, high powered 1/5th damage dealt done to self) (mechanical)
-warpflame? (mechanical, req WS)
-poison wind globes? (mechanical, req WS)
-skalm? (item: req WS)

Magic of the Horned One (grey Seers) 4 spells
- Vermin tide: Summon D6 rat swarms
- Death Frenzy: unit enchantment power BUFF, half damage start next turn.
- Warp storm :summon storm- move to target stack: all flying units suffer from severe collateral damage, all other units are immobilized for one gameturn.
- plague
- skitterleap: self. teleport to tile not adjacent to enemy. range 3 tiles.

Liber Bubonicus (pestillence) spells:
-(S)Putrefy
-(S)Plague
-(S)Pestilent Breath
-(S)Wither
-(N)Stream of corruption
-(N)Miasma of pestillence
-(N)Stench of Nurgle

Gotta look for the skaven MAGIC rules...this are made up and from a skaven bestiary.

moulder:
-mutate beast: On creature. D6 1:no effect. 2-5:gains mutation (various enhancements). 6:dies. requires: Beastmaster+targetunit on tile containing moulder breedingpit building, warpstone(resource+gold or expendable token)

Moulder could use some beast controll magics from the Amber school. (although they more likely use whips and torture to get controll over beasts.)

ps
I think many skaven magics could be powered by warptokens, produced at a warpstone refinery.

Skryre (low level warpmagics) 4 spells
-warplightning: magic missile, collateral damage. (high power/low power, high powered 1/5th damage dealt done to self) (mechanical)
-warpflame? (mechanical, req WS)
-poison wind globes? (mechanical, req WS)
-skalm? (item: req WS)

Magic of the Horned One (grey Seers) 4 spells
- Vermin tide: Summon D6 rat swarms
- Death Frenzy: unit enchantment power BUFF, half damage start next turn.
- Warp storm :summon storm- move to target stack: all flying units suffer from severe collateral damage, all other units are immobilized for one gameturn.
- plague
- skitterleap: self. teleport to tile not adjacent to enemy. range 3 tiles.

ill work off these.
(there are 5 horned rat spells listed there chose one to ditch please :))
would warpflame affect 1 unit or a stack? i assume it would deal fire damage?
poison wind globes bould be a promotion granted to the caster that llows them to bombard an enemy?
what is skalm?
Vermintide is easy
deathfrezy, "half damage start next turn" <- whats that mean?
Warpstorm should be doable
Plage is easy (ill reuse a Nurgle spell ;) )
Skitterleap i might just make the same as escape untill we find a way of teleporting like you describe.

If you have a promotion "Woodelven" that does nothing you can then make the Loren magic promotion requires it. Of course all woodelves will have the first promotion for free.
Or you could make Loren Magic a Woodelven start tech just like Dark magic is a Dark Elven start tech.
the promotion would be the simplest way for ME to do it, but if Ploe adds the Loren Magic tech, it will be more elegant.

Top Bottom