WH Mini-Mods

well, so long as you can find good art, that is recognisable and of a similar theme then go for it :)

i honestly had a lot of trouble finding decent stuff for the units and spent ages on the internet googling images.

another tip, is to make the backgrounds for all the units of the same race the same background. ie woodelves all leafy background etc

And what thread should I put my content in? I don't see any special suggestions/user content general thread.
I search for pictures using a nice russian search engine, there's an option to look for pictures only (and also specify their size and all). I think googling images isn't too bad too, but the output of such search is not very customizable and comfortable for me.

I'm still getting those "Tag: 0 in info class was incorrect Current XML file is xml\Units/Civ4spellinfos.xml", i hope you know it.
Tried to test militia swordsmen regiment as IND... And encountered this:
Spoiler :

LOL

Also I tried to make some buttons for The Hobgoblin hegemony, if you like it tell me and I'll continue.
There're missing goblin worker and wyvern buttons (recolor of dragon button because of the same model), and also a goblin spearman, as an example of image I can find and transform into the button. I think hegemony needs spearmen/slingers and other goblin types, because they will replace base human. Am I right? =)

Changes:
1. Changed the spell Mistress of the Marsh, to also change Marsh to grass.

The "Marsh Resource" is a mystery to me.

1. My Spellsinger is standing on a Marsh/Marsh tile with a Marsh Resource icon on it.
2. I cast the "Mistress of the Marsh" spell to remove the March.
3. It then transform to a still useless Marsh/Grassland tile with a Marsh Resource icon. :confused:

Another example.

1. My Spellsinger is standing on a Grassland tile.
2. I cast "Mistress of the Marsh" spell.
3. I then get a Marsh tile WITHOUT resource icon?
4. I cast "Mistress of the Marsh" spell again.
5. The marsh tile then happily transform to normal Grassland tile. :eek:

I am confused. Why this Marsh/Marsh tile :confused:

Please, enlighten me.

(I only tested this on Solwens warhammer map. I don't remember if there is Marsh/Marsh tiles or only Marsh tiles on random maps to.)

I'm still getting those "Tag: 0 in info class was incorrect Current XML file is xml\Units/Civ4spellinfos.xml", i hope you know it.
Tried to test militia swordsmen regiment as IND... And encountered this:

:lol: did you manage to have 1 turn in that game? what happened? were you near Nagash?

Also I tried to make some buttons for The Hobgoblin hegemony, if you like it tell me and I'll continue.
There're missing goblin worker and wyvern buttons (recolor of dragon button because of the same model), and also a goblin spearman, as an example of image I can find and transform into the button. I think hegemony needs spearmen/slingers and other goblin types, because they will replace base human. Am I right? =)

Those buttons are nice Deon :) but the last one is a bit hard to recognise (i cant see the head?) more like the first couple would be great :)

The "Marsh Resource" is a mystery to me.
Join the club. i didnt make the marsh tile so i had no input as to how it looked. the resource i think is just for looks. the way marshes work at the moment is that they have 3 layers: the base blue terrain 'Marsh', the Resource 'marsh' and the floodplains like feature 'marsh'. personally i think its increadibly pointless to have all 3 kinds, but my attempts at changing terrain always end up stuffing the game up badly so i dont like changin how terrain works / looks :(

:lol: did you manage to have 1 turn in that game? what happened? were you near Nagash?
I dunno, maybe someone from ship or fog of war captured my city (Ind don't have warriors at start)

Those buttons are nice Deon :) but the last one is a bit hard to recognise (i cant see the head?) more like the first couple would be great :)
Here. I removed the last button of goblin spearman, also he doesn't fit to the current model, so I made another for him. Now I'm making a skeleton.

There are tree files that have swamp terrain features in them.
Terrain : marsh terrain
Features : mud feature
and Bonus: frogs and swamp

I think the problem with the unable to un-swamp comes from the fact that both the terrain and the feature have the same movement-modifiers etc,

the resource 'problem' is game mechanics:
the boni remain where they are and AFAIK no code has been added to remove any marsh-boni or have a chance of growing a marsh bonus on a new marsh-tile.

I didn't manage to add a new terrain on it's own.
but why are the feature and resource required?
All I can see is that it is nice for variety.

I didn't manage to add a new terrain on it's own.
but why are the feature and resource required?
All I can see is that it is nice for variety.

I think it's the same idea as the flood plains, where terrain is actually a desert, and flood plain is a feature on it.

There're missing goblin worker and wyvern buttons (recolor of dragon button because of the same model)

you know, in the civilopedia entry Wyverns are supposed to have no arms, as in 2 legs and a set of wings only. the model isn't actually what you should be basing your icon off of.

Shouldnt be too much trouble to remove the arms..it's adding stuff that drives me mad. :crazyeye:

I'll give it a timd try.
Using it as a testcase in headremoval and replacement.
-I'll try:
altering the horns to be more like bull horns.
chopping off the arms
reshaping the torso to have the wings at the shoulderjoints.
modifying head-shape to be more triangular.
increasing the thigh thickness.
-reshaping in general to be more wyverny.

animations will probably have a problem if it has arm-attacks....anyone up to giving it ostrich-like kick attacks in addition to a bite-attack?
(It would look silly if the dis-armed dragon would attack by shrugging the enemy to death. :lol:)

Just a question - will you add some missing icons you think are nice? Like for monasteries and some monsters (Nagash NEEDS it, because he's a powerful wizard i want to see in the pedia with face =)).
At least allow them to be temporary images, it will add more fun to testing =).
And if you want (and will), I can try to make buttons for Everything that misses them to make your minimod complete.

The wyvern will probably be a big project. (I foresee problems with posture+animation. (a wyvern has a more birdlike 'S' posture)

So better not hold your breath on this.

I'll go ahead with redoing the icons when I'm bored of the dragon.

(the rat lost it's textures all of a sudden! :grr: reapplying the textures will be hell.)

Nagash? isn't he a leaderhead?

Top Bottom