What’s next? More DLCs or first expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias9891

Warlord
Now that DLC06 is out, what can we expect next? Some more DLC to get us through the winter months? Or maybe the first whispers of an expansion pack in the works? And when do you expect these to be realeased?

It’s obvious that the game still pretty rough around the edges and needs some work to really feel complete.

They hired a bunch of people for Civ positions over the summer and rearranged existing ones. And Firaxians have been dropping hints on Twitter that they are working on something (that clearly wasn't DLC06). They wouldn't be hiring up right at the end of the XCOM expansion if they weren't gearing up for something big. So an expansion is inevitable next year.

The question is, will they put out another DLC before that. I tend to think not, because they will be focusing their resources on the expansion from this point on.

But then there is this:
https://twitter.com/EdBeach23/status/920043624976568320

Not the last one, but the last one included [in the DDE]. So, they are not excluding the possibility of future DLC, but that doesn't necessarily mean there will be one in a few months.

Needless to say, I will be keeping my eye on it.

Next is the Inca patch of course. At this point I couldn't care less about balance issues or whatever. I just want to hear Mr. Knoff work on the Incas!

Bit early, innit? Patch been out for two hours now. ;)

The question has been on my mind since they did the FL for the Khmer :D

The question is, will they put out another DLC before that. I tend to think not, because they will be focusing their resources on the expansion from this point on.

But then there is this:
https://twitter.com/EdBeach23/status/920043624976568320

Not the last one, but the last one included [in the DDE]. So, they are not excluding the possibility of future DLC, but that doesn't necessarily mean there will be one in a few months.

Perhaps they’re waiting to see what the response is from this DLC and the fall patch and then go from there. I can’t see them not releasing anything during the holiday period...

@Eagle Pursuit In the confusion of the end of the Anticipation thread, I missed your last word on whether GH was released with the patch or not? On one page you said it was being released and on the next I think you had changed your mind. Was it just some thing to do with the simultaneous Mac patch, or is it still being kept back?

The question has been on my mind since they did the FL for the Khmer :D

Perhaps they’re waiting to see what the response is from this DLC and the fall patch and then go from there. I can’t see them not releasing anything during the holiday period...

While they got the first 4 DLC in 1-2 months each, these last two took 3 months each. I they probably won't go back to the short cycle, since much of the initial work on the first 4 was done concurrently with vanilla. So I doubt anything will be out before Christmas. The earliest a potential DLC might come would be late January.

@Eagle Pursuit In the confusion of the end of the Anticipation thread, I missed your last word on whether GH was released with the patch or not? On one page you said it was being released and on the next I think you had changed your mind. Was it just some thing to do with the simultaneous Mac patch, or is it still being kept back?
Nothing called GH has been released.

It was integrated into the main public build files, so yes it went live. It is probably the cross-platform multiplayer.

It was integrated into the main public build files, so yes it went live. It is probably the cross-platform multiplayer.

Of course the Mac patch appears to be a disaster, so we can't really tell if that's the case for certain yet, right? :sad:

While they got the first 4 DLC in 1-2 months each, these last two took 3 months each. I they probably won't go back to the short cycle, since much of the initial work on the first 4 was done concurrently with vanilla. So I doubt anything will be out before Christmas. The earliest a potential DLC might come would be late January.
That’s still better than nothing. And even if we don’t get anymore DLC between now and the first expansion, I certainly hope we’ll get patches/hotfixes to improve the vanilla experience. Otherwise it’ll be a long wait to next summer/fall...

Of course the Mac patch appears to be a disaster, so we can't really tell if that's the case for certain yet, right? :sad:

I don't know how to tell for certain that it is the X-plat. Although circumstantial evidence points to this being likely. Since it was initiated for the summer patch, but held till now. And we know they pushed hard to get x-plat done in the summer.

I think I saw someone say they were playing a cross-platform game before all hell broke loose.

There is no mac patch - Mac is still on the Nubia version. However, I would not be surprised if civ GH is xplatform, and pushing it for the PC version is what caused Mac versions to 'release' accidentally.

If they wanted to round out the world before the expansions I would say the focus would be on the Americas. Inca and maybe a Native American civ from North America.

Why is there an Inca patch rumored?
I'm basing it off of regions: Poland for Europe, Australia for Australia, Persia and Macedon for Middle East (most of Alexander's Empire was in the Middle East), Nubia with Africa, and now SE Asia with Khmer and Indonesia. The only places without a civ from the DLCs is the Americas if they were to do another.

I'm basing it off of regions: Poland for Europe, Australia for Australia, Persia and Macedon for Middle East (most of Alexander's Empire was in the Middle East), Nubia with Africa, and now SE Asia with Khmer and Indonesia. The only places without a civ from the DLCs is the Americas if they were to do another.

Yes, the Americas are looking pretty empty compared to the rest of the world now. An Inca & Shoshone, or Maya & Iroquois DLC would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom