1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

What’s next? More DLCs or first expansion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Ozymandias9891

Ozymandias9891 Chieftain

Now that DLC06 is out, what can we expect next? Some more DLC to get us through the winter months? Or maybe the first whispers of an expansion pack in the works? And when do you expect these to be realeased?

It’s obvious that the game still pretty rough around the edges and needs some work to really feel complete.

2. Piruparka

Piruparka Chieftain

Bit early, innit? Patch been out for two hours now. ;)

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

They hired a bunch of people for Civ positions over the summer and rearranged existing ones. And Firaxians have been dropping hints on Twitter that they are working on something (that clearly wasn't DLC06). They wouldn't be hiring up right at the end of the XCOM expansion if they weren't gearing up for something big. So an expansion is inevitable next year.

The question is, will they put out another DLC before that. I tend to think not, because they will be focusing their resources on the expansion from this point on.

But then there is this:
    https://twitter.com/EdBeach23/status/920043624976568320

Not the last one, but the last one included [in the DDE]. So, they are not excluding the possibility of future DLC, but that doesn't necessarily mean there will be one in a few months.

Needless to say, I will be keeping my eye on it.

4. turboraton

turboraton Chieftain

Next is the Inca patch of course. At this point I couldn't care less about balance issues or whatever. I just want to hear Mr. Knoff work on the Incas!

Ozymandias9891 likes this.
  5. Ozymandias9891

Ozymandias9891 Chieftain

The question has been on my mind since they did the FL for the Khmer :D

Perhaps they’re waiting to see what the response is from this DLC and the fall patch and then go from there. I can’t see them not releasing anything during the holiday period...

6. Katakanja

Katakanja Chieftain

@Eagle Pursuit In the confusion of the end of the Anticipation thread, I missed your last word on whether GH was released with the patch or not? On one page you said it was being released and on the next I think you had changed your mind. Was it just some thing to do with the simultaneous Mac patch, or is it still being kept back?

7. Eagle Pursuit

While they got the first 4 DLC in 1-2 months each, these last two took 3 months each. I they probably won't go back to the short cycle, since much of the initial work on the first 4 was done concurrently with vanilla. So I doubt anything will be out before Christmas. The earliest a potential DLC might come would be late January.

Guandao likes this.
  8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Chieftain

Nothing called GH has been released.

9. Eagle Pursuit

It was integrated into the main public build files, so yes it went live. It is probably the cross-platform multiplayer.

10. Katakanja

Katakanja Chieftain

Of course the Mac patch appears to be a disaster, so we can't really tell if that's the case for certain yet, right? :sad:

11. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Chieftain

Such a move would have been touted everywhere, I think.:p

Katakanja likes this.
  12. Ozymandias9891

Ozymandias9891 Chieftain

That’s still better than nothing. And even if we don’t get anymore DLC between now and the first expansion, I certainly hope we’ll get patches/hotfixes to improve the vanilla experience. Otherwise it’ll be a long wait to next summer/fall...

WorldWarIV likes this.
  13. Eagle Pursuit

I don't know how to tell for certain that it is the X-plat. Although circumstantial evidence points to this being likely. Since it was initiated for the summer patch, but held till now. And we know they pushed hard to get x-plat done in the summer.

I think I saw someone say they were playing a cross-platform game before all hell broke loose.

14. bbbt

bbbt Chieftain

There is no mac patch - Mac is still on the Nubia version. However, I would not be surprised if civ GH is xplatform, and pushing it for the PC version is what caused Mac versions to 'release' accidentally.

15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Chieftain

If they wanted to round out the world before the expansions I would say the focus would be on the Americas. Inca and maybe a Native American civ from North America.

Aussie_Lurker and Guandao like this.
  16. Vahnstad

Vahnstad Chieftain

Why is there an Inca patch rumored?

17. Eagle Pursuit

There isn't. It's wishful thinking.

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  18. ONDOLINDE

ONDOLINDE Chieftain

Yes, wishful thinking alright, but so very welcomed. ;)

19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Chieftain

I'm basing it off of regions: Poland for Europe, Australia for Australia, Persia and Macedon for Middle East (most of Alexander's Empire was in the Middle East), Nubia with Africa, and now SE Asia with Khmer and Indonesia. The only places without a civ from the DLCs is the Americas if they were to do another.

20. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Chieftain

Yes, the Americas are looking pretty empty compared to the rest of the world now. An Inca & Shoshone, or Maya & Iroquois DLC would be awesome!

ONDOLINDE likes this.