What 10 Civilizations will be in Beyond the Sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to tell you, because you seem like you want Poland a lot, but I don't think Firaxis is going to put it in as a civ.

Originally posted by Dutchkong
doubt Poland and Ethiopia, they're not "Civilizations" or "Empires".
I don't see the point to quote my post in the first page. Just to say this pseudo-censorship sentence. I don't think you are the one to declare something like this. You just appears to me to be a kid who has nothing better to do than claiming his bet.

well learn to post an opinion before you post an opinion.

quote from wikipedia:
The term civilization (British English also civilisation) has a variety of meanings related to human society. Most often it is used to refer to "complex" societies: those that practice intensive agriculture; have a significant division of labour; and have population densities sufficient to form cities. "Civilization" may be used more broadly to refer to the sum, or current extent, of human accomplishment and spread (human civilization or global civilization).

Human civilization is a civilization. Let's say there were some alien civilization living on a planet that is as complex as us, called "boot" the "boot" would be a civilization.

Your term Civilization is an ancient peoples who built cities. such as the Egyptian civilization. There a civilization to. But then why in Civ 4 is England called a "civilization" when they weren't ancient? because they had what at there time would be civilized life and cities and agriculture etc.

The Celts, Vikings, Zulu, Native Americans, Mali were never "empires" and there in the game. Empire basically (god i'm gonna get flamed at real hard) A Country, State or Nation who has counquered an area and has some sort of government. and tons of other things that i can't think of.

To be in Civ you don't have to be an empire, state, or country to be in. All you need is to be a nation that had some sort of significence in the world.

And Poland did save alot of Europe from becoming Muslim, or falling into the rule of the Ottoman empire. The Siege of Vienna was saved by King Jan III Sobieski who brought a relief army of Poles, Germans, Lithuanians and Austrians to save Austria from becoming an Ottoman State.

Your Opinion is only welcomed in a positive way. and please don't post things you don't know about.

Fine, I give in, Poland could be a civ! Ok, happy?? :mad: But I just can't believe that it could be in this expansion. You poles win. :goodjob:

I'm Irish, English, French, Dutch, German, Austrian, and Russian. I'm sorry if you guys might of felt bad. :hammer2:

To be in Civ you don't have to be an empire, state, or country to be in. All you need is to be a nation that had some sort of significence in the world.
Classical Greece (i.e. the Greece shown in Civilisation) never had a single state, at least not until the Macedonians forced it upon them. Yet I've never heard anyone argue against them. (Also, the Zulus were indeed a nation, as they were a single tribe with a defined territory, like the Scots or Danes of Europe.)

I don't agree with this nation-states theory. To me, Civ isn't about repeating reality, it's about making your own version of history. I think that works best when the Civs are chosen more in terms of culture than geopolitics, so as to create an interesting variation of civs. I would actually like to see the number of nation-civs decreased, even though I know it'll never happen outside of a mod, and the European nations placed into broader categories, as the Celts are.

I just kinda wish they'd give the Aztecs a new leader since they made Montezuma look ridiculous. I'm pretty sure they won't though, considering they just added the Maya (who were never an actual empire) :D

They were as much of an empire as the Greeks (I'm not talking about Macedonians,or asking why they chose a Macedonian leader for the Greeks), and were similarly composed of numerous city-state dominated by 2 which were usually in a cold (occasionally hot) war.

^
Of course, that means they're not an Empire as the lack a central government. They were a Civilization, however.

I just kinda wish they'd give the Aztecs a new leader since they made Montezuma look ridiculous. I'm pretty sure they won't though, considering they just added the Maya (who were never an actual empire) :D

Yeah, Montezuma annoys me. :backstab:
Hey Traitorfish, I clicked on the link in your signature, you're an artist?

So one more time, the New Civs and Leaders:
Leaders for Existing Civs:
Abraham Lincoln
Boudica
Suleiman
Pericles
New Civs/Leaders:
Hammurabi/Babylon
William of Orange/Dutch
Sitting Bull/Sioux
Justinian/Byzantine
Joao/Portugal
Pacal/Maya
Sumeria/Gilgamesh
I think thats all we know so far. :hmm:

Yes, but we know nothing yet if it will be khmer, viet, siamese, burms or anything so consider the slot still open even if we can say it is restricted to that area.

@Dutchking : I'm glad you enjoy art. Check ideologies in second revolution and song of the moon rebirth forums.

Yes, but we know nothing yet if it will be khmer, viet, siamese, burms or anything so consider the slot still open even if we can say it is restricted to that area.

@Dutchking : I'm glad you enjoy art. Check ideologies in second revolution and song of the moon rebirth forums.

Could you post a link? :goodjob:

Other then it's likely that for 8 it's a SE asian civ.

I really hope that Firaxis lets us into the loop this week on this one. Fans seem so sure that a SE Asian culture is in, that it would be such a letdown if we find out in July that they aren't in.

C'mon, Firaxis, don't be lame! Can you at least shed some light on the SE Asia question, so that one major debate is put to rest? Or are you going to pull a "Native America" on us, and lump the Khmer/Vietnamese/Siamese/Burmese/Javanese/Malayas/Hmong/etc. all together into a "Southeast Asian" civ?

Please, don't give them any ideas. :lol:

C'mon, Firaxis, don't be lame! Can you at least shed some light on the SE Asia question, so that one major debate is put to rest? Or are you going to pull a "Native America" on us, and lump the Khmer/Vietnamese/Siamese/Burmese/Javanese/Malayas/Hmong/etc. all together into a "Southeast Asian" civ?

If they put in a southeast asian civ i think it should be Siamese, that covers most of the Peninsula that Vietnam/Laos/Thailand/Cambodia are on. Or if they put in Vietnam, will the leader be communist and be favored by Stalin and Zedong or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom