What about DINOSAURS? Didn't they exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsarakos

Chieftain
- I am wondering, how can a civilization game start at 4000 BC. We know today that the world existed for milions of years. Is it fair, that animals like dinosaurs aren't included in the civ game? What about starting the game at 1000000 BC and put in some dinosaurs? OK, time could then go faster till 4000BC.

That would be science fiction.

humans didn't exist in 1000000 bc although humans vs dinosaurs would be cool for a mod really really stupid for the main game though.

humans coexisting with dinosaurs is science fiction

humans didn't exist in 1000000 bc although humans vs dinosaurs would be cool for a mod really really stupid for the main game though.

Wait, I thought the world was created on October 23 4004 BC . . .

- I am wondering, how can a civilization game start at 4000 BC.

Well duh! Because that's about when civilization began with the first human settlements. What happened before that is irrelevant and would serve no purpose in the game. Especially not dinosaurs.

PS: I did a bit of research at the Wiki and apparently Firaxis has the game's start date wrong by about 1000 years or so. The first known human city, Eridu, was founded at about 5400 BC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eridu

I agree. This game MUST have dinosaurs. Its outrageous that such a faction was left out. Dinosaurs were around for millions of years - much longer than USA or Germany.

If it weren't for dinosaurs, then judaism wouldn't have been founded, so there would have been no Christianity or Islam or modern history as we know it, so dinosaurs are clearly the most important faction in the game.

Plus, they would make the game more joyful and EXTREME.

They could have T-Rex as a UU and a Dinosaur Burial Ground as a UB.

We should petition Firaxis at once to make them include Dinosaurs for one of the empty faction slots!

Dinosaurs really must be in. The game makes a mockery of history by excluding dinosaurs, they used to rule the whole planet!

OK, then let's start at 1.000.000. BC as monkeys, then turn to humans at 4000BC! Ha Ha

You have no vision.

We should all start as bacteria and have to evolve our way into multi-celled life forms before we even think about monkeys.

Man, I remember playing a Civ 2 mod where you played bacteria and "evolved" instead of researching new tech. That was awesome.

You guys are forgetting that including Dinosaurs would merely warp the AI Diplomacy even further. Human players would have a built-in alliance with all Sauropods and the Carnivorous Civilizations would be at perpetual war with everyone else.

Plus, we'd need more specialized units. For instance, as we learned from The Lost World, the UU necessary to fight against Velociraptors is a 12-year-old gymnast.

You have no vision.

We should all start as bacteria and have to evolve our way into multi-celled life forms before we even think about monkeys.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to researching DNA Genome first and then beelining for Aerobic Metabolism, allowing me to build the powerful flagellates.

Anything Pre-history is "science" fiction.

The only way they are going to include dinosaurs is through a random event where your Civ finds some fossils. Perhaps it could give a small science boost to your libraries or something like that.

Or perhaps some special terrain bonus for an archeological dig. That'd be cool.

The only way they are going to include dinosaurs is through a random event where your Civ finds some fossils. Perhaps it could give a small science boost to your libraries or something like that.

Or perhaps some special terrain bonus for an archeological dig. That'd be cool.

Not a bad idea. I think that could happen...

Have you ever seen a real dinosaur? Of course you haven't, and you never will. Fact! That's because they never existed, and science.. [chuckles], science is a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom