What about multiplayer status?

Lord Yanaek

Emperor
Hello, i was wondering, is this mod finally playable in multiplayer? Last time i tried we were unable to finish any game because of OOS every other turn (and some CTDs too) after about 200 turns.

I had a look at the changelogs, they report bug fixes, but i don't know exactly what bugs caused those OOS and crashes. I've seen a "multiplayer fix" that disables a few buggy features, unfortunately, some of those are really neat features (archers). Is the game really stable with this fix.

I like this mod, but i hate being unable to finish a game. That's why i ask before trying again.

The game is playable multiplayer, but it will go OOS often with ranged attacks, I haven't tested this yet, but you should be able to play a game with no AI's or by being on the same team as all other players. If I find a way to just disable ranged attacks for AI only, then it should fix the OOS problems.

At the moment, orbis is the most stable mod that I've found. This is especially if you disable ranged attack xp. You will still get OOS's, but it should be less of a problem than with any of the other modmods. However, you may still get the occasional game where it OOS's every other turn. For some reason, some of my games have near constant OOS's, while most others (normal speed, 500 turns in) I get less than half a dozen.

-Colin

Top Bottom