What about the average guy on the street ?

Captain Pugwash

Warlord
It says on the box that the game will run on systems with video card Radeon 7500 or better. I have a Radeon 7500 and I get the black tile problems. My wife's system has a GeForce4 card and gets the same problem (also says on the box GeForce 2 or better is supported)

I have read the threads here and the only solution I can find so far is to download unauthorised Omega drivers. I wonder if the average Joe will be happy doing this. The average Joe prob hasn't even visited this site.

No, I'm afraid I see this as a problem for 2K Games and Firaxis. If they say it should run then it should run. I'm waiting for the official patch to see if that does any good. I want an official patch from the official website where all users can find it.

The market for this game is going to be small if it relies only on techies being able to run it.

you think you got problems? try buying the game only for it to install then say it can't find the DVD when you go to play it? and i can't even return the fudgingg thing as its not a defected DVD.

what about the average guy with that problem :(

They're not going to have to rely on only techies being able to run it. In another week or two they'll have the bugs worked out and only those of us on the bleeding edge will have had to deal with the problems.

(not that i'm having any serious problems, my tBird 1.3, 512mb DDR333, and Ti4200 seem to be handling the game quite well)

Captain Pugwash said:
I have read the threads here and the only solution I can find so far is to download unauthorised Omega drivers.

The Omega drivers are recognized by ATI and the creator has the full support of ATI. He works directly with ATI.

I'm not sure what you mean by "unauthorised."

PunkRoadkill said:
you think you got problems? try buying the game only for it to install then say it can't find the DVD when you go to play it? and i can't even return the fudgingg thing as its not a defected DVD.

what about the average guy with that problem :(

Yeah I cant even get it to run either Plz give me some black tiles.:p

What about average joe with no internet? Now that's interesting.

DVD problem = safedisc hider.
Illegal? Maybe. No, wait... no, perfectly legal.

Top Bottom