What after the New Frontier Pass - the end or more

Gradac

ВИТЕЗ СА ШТИТОМ
I remember that I read somewhere on the net, at the time after civ6 was just released, that they are planning 60+ civilization by the end of game developing.

Will there be more passes or single DLCs or maybe spinoffs like Colonization or Beyond Earth.

Brothers and sisters Fanatics:
What do you think? What would you like? Do you have some leaked info?

I expect second round of (final) Frontier pass with 9 new civs to add up to 60 civilization at the end.
..and I would like that to happened.

But it might be the end.
I do understand that they started with Civ7 already, however, as they are at the beginning of that process why leave a gap of 1 or 2 years without any update to civ6 until 7 is ready.

I'm thinking one wrap-up expansion with maybe 1/2 dozen civs. If anything.

But thinking about it, what's left to do, after (approximately, by my count) 98 bajillion civs already in the game? What are the sales looking like for them? Is desire for the portugal or Morocco civs going to move the needle there?

I do get a feeling that they're genuinely interested and having fun still working on 6. But that only goes so far.

Last edited:
I remember that I read somewhere on the net, at the time after civ6 was just released, that they are planning 60+ civilization by the end of game developing.

Will there be more passes or single DLCs or maybe spinoffs like Colonization or Beyond Earth.

Brothers and sisters Fanatics:
What do you think? What would you like? Do you have some leaked info?

I expect second round of (final) Frontier pass with 9 new civs to add up to 60 civilization at the end.
..and I would like that to happened.

But it might be the end.
I do understand that they started with Civ7 already, however, as they are at the beginning of that process why leave a gap of 1 or 2 years without any update to civ6 until 7 is ready.

If they released some sort of final pack that was just a few new civs and/or leaders along with maybe a few more map scripts I’d be overjoyed. The modes have been very hit or miss for me. The only ones I enjoy are dramatic ages and tech/civic shuffle. I suspect I’ll enjoy the corporations one but I am unsure yet and I haven’t enjoyed any of the scenarios they’ve done for NFP (pirates, apocalypse 2.0)

If they released some sort of final pack that was just a few new civs and/or leaders along with maybe a few more map scripts I’d be overjoyed. The modes have been very hit or miss for me. The only ones I enjoy are dramatic ages and tech/civic shuffle. I suspect I’ll enjoy the corporations one but I am unsure yet and I haven’t enjoyed any of the scenarios they’ve done for NFP (pirates, apocalypse 2.0)
I like Pirates but it's a totally different thing than playing civ, for sure.

everything depends on the sales of the NFP . If it is good enough then they will happily continue with more seasons ( hopefully ). If it is not then i assume devs will start to be shifted to civ7 or civ6 spin offs , if they want to do them of course. I still dream that the scenarios ( or seperate games ) like scramble for africa , colonization or fall of rome etc will be made.

Firaxis takes over Amplitude and comes Endless-Civilization-Rebirth :)

I'd love another R&F/GS style XP, possibly with another victory condition (economic or some form of exploration based one?), I think the game would be done after that. Even with 50 Civs the roster feels pretty rammed, and I don't see them doing an XP or SP without new Civs.

The likelihood of another XP/SP depends on the timescale for Civ 7, I think. I have no idea when that will be, but if its 2022, NFP will be the last for 6, I think. The game is pretty full as it is, and they won't want it competing with 7 for our wallets, plus a drought before 7 will whet our appetites. Much later, and I think we'll get something else, if for nothing else than to distract us from Humankind.

I hope at the minimum we see some 1-2 major balance patches down the line to update/overhaul some aspects of the game modes from the NFP. The last free update was a big step in the right direction in my opinion, but a lot of the new modes still need a bit of work in my opinion.

I would prefer a full-scale expansion rather than another NFP, but I really think this is it for 6.

I'd love another R&F/GS style XP, possibly with another victory condition (economic or some form of exploration based one?), I think the game would be done after that. Even with 50 Civs the roster feels pretty rammed, and I don't see them doing an XP or SP without new Civs.

The likelihood of another XP/SP depends on the timescale for Civ 7, I think. I have no idea when that will be, but if its 2022, NFP will be the last for 6, I think. The game is pretty full as it is, and they won't want it competing with 7 for our wallets, plus a drought before 7 will whet our appetites. Much later, and I think we'll get something else, if for nothing else than to distract us from Humankind.

I actually wouldn't mind another EP tbh, I kinda wish this NFP was in fact a full blown EP with focus on specific features. Ironically, a lot of the features via the Game Modes do feel like strong EP pieces (Secret Societies, Heroes Mode and the upcoming Economy Mode sprining to mind). So... I dunno.

I guess the only thing I truly want is a fix/update to the World Congress so it's not so random and unpredictable (or overly predictable), and updates to the Tech and Civic Trees so they are more interesting.

I actually wouldn't mind another EP tbh, I kinda wish this NFP was in fact a full blown EP with focus on specific features. Ironically, a lot of the features via the Game Modes do feel like strong EP pieces (Secret Societies, Heroes Mode and the upcoming Economy Mode sprining to mind). So... I dunno.
Agreed. If they'd built an XP around some of them, it would have been really solid. That's part of the reason that I'm buying into the theory that they're testers, if they go down reasonably well, they'll be made part of Civ VII or an XP for it.
If they bump it up to 60 civs in Civ 6 and then release Civ 7 with only 20, it will seem strange, will it not?
There were 43 civs in Civ V at the end of its life and 18 in Civ VI at launch, so that's not really an issue that will stop it from happening.

I would like another expansion, because NFP was more or less just filler; literally just the leftover ideas thrown into a pan with a few fun civs.

If they just go to Civ 7, I will not buy it for a few years as they stumble around trying to reinvent the wheel and continue to sell overpriced parts of said wheel. (again)

I think and hope NFP will be the end. NFP has really been scraping the bottom of the barrel, and I think it's time to move on to greener pastures.

everything depends on the sales of the NFP . If it is good enough then they will happily continue with more seasons ( hopefully ). If it is not then i assume devs will start to be shifted to civ7 or civ6 spin offs , if they want to do them of course. I still dream that the scenarios ( or seperate games ) like scramble for africa , colonization or fall of rome etc will be made.

I think that some key Devs are already working on 7. We know whatsherface (sorry!) who narrates the first looks is still involved, but no where to be seen publically on the NFP. Ditto the dev with the excellent beard, Shirk, and Beach himself. Sure the latter may have moved on to do something else, but I suspect that he asking with the other three I mentioned have been working on 7 for many months now.

I think there could possibly be a dlc or two after NFP, but that's it.

Top Bottom