What age difference is "too big" morally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdiotsOpposite

Boom, headshot.
Now, exactly how old is too old is a valid debate, but I think there's something pretty obviously wrong with 80 and 19.

The post that inspired this thread.

It's a simple question, of course. At what point does the age difference between two people who are dating become big enough that the relationship can be regarded as "sick"?

If the woman is of legal age it is not sick, unless she is even a day older than the man and then it is sick.

Older than age/2+7 is the golden rule.

Edit:
To clarify, the function is to be applied to the oldest individual.

Two million years, because then it's technically bestiality.

4 years in my opinion. I do not approve of anyone dating that has an age gap beyond 4 years. (regardless of the gender of either party)

4 years in my opinion. I do not approve of anyone dating that has an age gap beyond 4 years. (regardless of the gender of either party)

So you'd oppose a relationship between a 35-year old and a 40-year old?

Once they're both over 21, then there's no gap too big.

So you'd oppose a relationship between a 35-year old and a 40-year old?

Yes, but even more so, I hate it when a 18 year old girl dates a 28 year old guy, and I know a girl that is in almost that very position. I disprove of it so much, that I stopped being her friend and no longer talked to her after that.

I neither approve or dissaprove.... its none of my darn business

so long as they don't do it in the street and scare the horses

Yes, but even more so, I hate it when a 18 year old girl dates a 28 year old guy, and I know a girl that is in almost that very position. I disapprove of it so much, that I stopped being her friend and no longer talked to her after that.

I didn't ask about an 18-year old and a 28-year old. I asked about a 35-year old and a 40-year old. I definitely did not ask about a personal acquaintance of yours.

The world is bigger than just you.

Yes, but even more so, I hate it when a 18 year old girl dates a 28 year old guy, and I know a girl that is in almost that very position. I disprove of it so much, that I stopped being her friend and no longer talked to her after that.
I hate it when an 18 year old dates a 28 year old too. She should set her sites on 44.

I didn't ask about an 18-year old and a 28-year old. I asked about a 35-year old and a 40-year old. I definitely did not ask about a personal acquaintance of yours.

The world is bigger than just you.

I also answered your question though. I'll say the answer again: No, I would not approve of a 35 year old dating a 40 year old. Age gap must be within 4 years. I was just using a personal example to prove that I fiercely stand by that standard.

I also answered your question though. I'll say the answer again: No, I would not approve of a 35 year old dating a 40 year old. Age gap must be within 4 years. I was just using a personal example to prove that I fiercely stand by that standard.

You're a good friend :)

lmao xD. Agreed. Besides Girls need a man who can take care of her not a boy who she can pamper like a little puppy dog.

As to that last sentence, I REALLY I hope you are joking. Because that kind of stuff annoys me like no other. I'm perfectly a man. And she doesn't "need" him. She's just a self righteous, narcissistic idiot who only cares about herself.

Same with anyone who would date someone else outside of a 4 year age gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom