1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What am I missing?- declaring war after peace

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mwolson, Mar 1, 2007.

1. mwolson

mwolson Chieftain

I didn't think I was a noob anymore, but I'm stumped here.

CIV IV, patched (not Warlords). I make a peace treaty with an opponent, but in the "What deals do we have together" dialog, the corresponding number of turns never decreases from (10). Thus, I can't figure out how to declare war again.

Is there something I have to do before the Peace Treaty turn countdown starts?

2. feldmarshall

feldmarshall Dictator

yes.. you have to end your turn..
    oh i was just kidding. I've never experienced that. are you using a mod?

3. trundle

trundle Warlord

It's counting down, it just doesn't show it. It's really kind of annoying, actually.

4. Leifmk

Leifmk Deity

Yeah. Just wait ten turns and you'll get a "treaty cancelled" message. Those turns are generally useful for reinforcing and redeploying your forces anyway.

5. _alphaBeta_

_alphaBeta_ King

The number of turns in the "what deals do we have together screen" doesn't count down. As was said, it will automatically expire after 10 turns. I believe trying to cancel the deal will tell you that you can't, but will also say how many turns is necessary to cancel it. Then you can tell how many more you have to go.

6. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Prince

"Peace Treaty (10 turns)" is the title of the trade, and not a countdown timer. It may help to think of it as a title similiar to "Furs for Gold".

7. Neoclast

Neoclast Warlord

If you hover your mouse over the deal does it give you how many turns until it is able to be cancelled?

8. feldmarshall

feldmarshall Dictator

IMO after 10 turn the peace treaty will automatically cancel.

9. SwordofStriker

SwordofStriker Prince

You'll know when it ends by the sound of their army marching back across your lands. ;)