1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Am I Missing?

Discussion in 'Strategy Forum' started by Lrd Dread, May 14, 2012.

1. Lrd Dread

Lrd Dread Prince

Good Evening,

Just started a game on prince level, huge world, continenets, 5 billion years old..... etc
    Playing as the Egyptians.

I have all of the great wonders of the world, except 3 (1 is the pyramids built by the Romans) through the first 2 ages. Yet I am behind (3rd) in Culture points?

Obviously I am missing something, so what is it?

Also - I created a great work in a city, and got 695 culture points. I assume this went towards the points I need for a new culture award. Is there anyway to make these so they role over. I got the points when I was 0 turns out and they appear to have been wasted.

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

It depends on which leaders you're facing - Napoleon's trait gives him a hefty culture bonus.

All culture points "roll over" to the next policy when you surpass the amount needed to get a policy. You can also wait to choose a policy if you're about to leap forward an era and unlock new policy trees.

3. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

Lrd Dread, I am a prince/ King player as well. I spend more time reacting to what is going on than I do planning and beelining techs etc.

A good start for me is to build a monument either first or second. I usually build it first then a scout depending on how far my warrior has got scouting the surrounding terrain. (If it's all trees, hills or desert I will build the scout first). This starts the Culture clock running sooner than later.

Policies and Tiles will start coming quickly. I forget wich policy tree is which. However I always go for the opener on the bottom left (Tradition) I think. That gives me a quick plus 4 culture on top of the monument, which excelerates culture even faster.

For Techs I usually go for the Great Library Wonder so I take Pottery to start then Writing... By the time I start the Great Library I can usually unlock the Bottom right Two Policies in the (tradition Branch) which will give me a bonus to happines and a 20% boost to wonders.

At that point I usually have 3 or 4 population and I will swictch them over to production manually in the city view.

From there it really opens up where you can go, however I find with that start no matter who I am playing that I get a good science and culture base to build on.

Traditionally I will move to the Liberty? Tree for the extra culture, free settler and worker to start expanding, Tech-wise I will either go for the techs I need to connect the resources I have available or the National College to get an even bigger tech boost. But as I expand I always build Monument first, then when I have 3 or 4 cities I choose the "Add a free Culture building to your 4 oldest cities" policy that gives me 4 free temples and a decent boost or lead in culture.