What are my games starting parameters?

jpb2nd

Chieftain
When choosing Random for all the starting map parameters how can I find out what choices were made? I always choose Random for all choices (and leader). Also, if I pull up an old game how can I get these parameters as well as what difficulty level was played on that game?

BTW, I'm playing the original version.

When you say "original version" did you mean vanilla Civ IV (i.e., not Warlords or BTS) Anyway, check the settings screen under the button with the fist on it. It should so you all you are asking for. Oh, and highly recommend just playing BTS.

Note: I often play random civ/leader, but never with Random parameters, so not sure what that actually looks like in the Settings screen. My assumption is it would show you the actual value of those parameters.

Difficulty is something I would not recommend setting at random. Instead play at a difficulty you are comfortable with now like Noble or Prince, then work to improve your game so that you can move up. There is a large disparity between the lower and higher difficulties, which is even greater at Deity.

Top Bottom