What are some good benchmarks for optimal play

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by cakes, Oct 16, 2015.

1. cakes

cakes Prince

I still don't really know what I'm aiming for

2. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

If you take it slow, I'd say 5 cities around turn 60, switching to city conversion around turn 130, victory wonder construction around turn 160, victory around turn 200.
    If you play optimally, I guess 5 cities around turn 50, ~10 cities around turn 100, victory wonder construction around 140 (with ~20 cities) and victory around turn 160 (with ~30 cities, for Harmony victories at least).

3. x2Madda

x2Madda Prince

Your post makes little sense. That is not a personal attack but "5 cities around turn 80"? Why? Why not 10 cities? 100 cities? Your response needed to be fleshed out a bit more to explain why a player wants to do what they are doing, not just to do things like a check list. Those 5 cities are also going to want to have trade routes in them and so on and so forth.

To answer your question directly GAGA, I recommend watching Ackens let's play of Beyond Earth. They are slow viewing and not very thrilling and he breathes into the microphone a lot but he achieves super fast win times.

Essentially you want science (of course!) so you can navigate the science web faster and reach Lv15 affinity ASAP. With that achieved you can then win the game. Not too different from previous civ games right? 150-160 turn win times are the goal (standard speed) so if you are stretching beyond turn 200 then its time to re-evaluate your build que. Unhealth =/= unhappiness so you can go wide and really milk that science but just like Civ5 each city increases science costs so going too wide can be ore harm than help, while you wait for the new cities to break even on science.

4. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

He asks for benchmarks. I assume he knows the basics (like not going below -20 health) and if he doesn't, he will ask. Sorta busy atm, otherwise I would go into more detail.
    (Also: You missed my edit. :p)

5. Idleray

Idleray Warlord

1. Building 1-2 explorers first before old ear relic coz artifact combos are so op now.

2. Basically always settling your first new cities near titanium or some other high production source. Production is everything during the phase of the game when it's not clear you've already won.

3. Pre-improving outpost tiles before they become cities.

4. Buying colonists instead of building them if possible as they stop growth. Also switching to max production output when your'e making colonists.

5. Always building trade depots first in new cities and getting recyclers/vivariums first so they grow quick. Building trade convoys/vessels in other cities and relocing to new cities.

6. Early game, research according to what tile improvements you can unlock on resources you already have. Esp. if lots of xenomass > get alien sciences. If lots of water, get water treatment facilities.

These are some early game tips to get you started.

6. LORD ORION

LORD ORION Warlord

You forgot an important one

x) Manually setting population to work optimal tiles when you enter negative health. The AI totally burns you with its ideas about what tiles it should work, and you need to correct it manually.

Also
    y) Don't save artifacts early in the game for combining, especially! the culture and prod ones... use them right away.

Z) If you have spare energy, use it (buying a recycler in a new city is very useful at getting it started). If you have a large +energy per turn, build more useful tile upgrades that use energy, like academies.

Another useful Benchmark
    Some academies should be operational and being worked BEFORE turn 100 (this is a good benchmark to prove you are on track)

7. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

Just to expand on point y) from above, a pristine human artifact gives 96 culture. That's 3-4 virtues free in the early game. The science artifacts give 60 science; nearly a free first ring tech. Burn those (human) artifacts!

8. kipwheeler

kipwheeler Warlord

If you are playing Elodie in aquatic cities, if you really want to focus on culture, it might be worth holding onto artifacts if it looks like you might get Quantum Politics. With that wonder (which is really fast to build), you get the 100% virtue acquisition speed early in the game. That seems to me to make 3-4 free virtues trivial. If I can get Quantum Politics up and running before turn 50, I have successfully completed ALL FOUR VIRTUE TREES COMPLETELY by turn 160 on Quick Speed. That's something that was never possible in the original Beyond Earth.

9. Beastfeast

Beastfeast Chieftain

1. Spam explorers. Find progenitor ruins as priority.
    2. Spam settlers. Use affinity point bonuses, diplomacy perks and prosperity virtues to keep health above 0.
    3. Spam trade depots and trade units.
    4. Spam workers and farms.
    5. Get upgrades for farms on tech web, especially vertical farming.
    6. Win (game is poorly balanced and broken :p still quite fun though).