what are some of your hopes for civ vi

dragon653

Chieftain
tell me some of your hopes for civ vi here are some of mine.

1. good ai what i mean that if an ai just declared on you war has the strongest military in the game and you have almost none you should feel worried and if you think its impossible with 1upt download artificial unintelligence/the cbp for examples of good ai.

2. generally good balanced civs just make sure there all fun and the ones that are more power full arnt overwhelmingly so.

More parity in different playstyles, in terms of efficacy. What I've seen and heard so far gives me hope on this, but I can't afford to upgrade my rig til early next year, so I'll have plenty of time for observation and patches.

When I'm England, and Germany attacks France I want to be able to tell Germany 'back off or I'll DOW you'.

And if I do DOW Germany to protect France I don't want France screaming 'You're a warmonger, I won't trade with you'.

I totally agree with the original poster's sentiments:

1. AI that can kick my butt if I'm not careful, even at relative tech parity. Civ 5 AI doesn't scare me at all unless the difficulty is turned way up and they have such obscene advantages that even they couldn't lose. This worries me more than anything else, because of precedent with 1UPT

2. Interesting victory conditions that require the use of many game mechanics skillfully to achieve. Civ 5's cultural victory is an example of what I'd hope to see. Civ 4's cultural victory is an example of what I wouldn't.

I hope the AI will be a THREAT and CHALLENGE this time. The AI that can handle implemented systems in the game. Wishful thinking, but as they say "dreams come true".

I hope the AI does not improve, because in my experience what most people call an "effective AI" I call a psychotic warmongering proto-Reaper. *glares at Sins of a Solar Empire* As someone who prefers to build my empire in peace, I really don't want the AI to be aggressively warmongerish.

1. I'd like a variety of play styles to be supported and be roughly equal and effective in winning a victory. So, if I want to build a tall empire this time, I don't feel like a chump for not rapidly expanding (and visa versa).

2. A more deterministic diplomacy. The randomness of diplomacy has always been the bane of civilization in my mind. It doesn't even have to be that smart. I just don't want my best civ friend backstabbing me when I send armies off to defend his/her borders simply because they rolled a 1.

I hope the AI does not improve, because in my experience what most people call an "effective AI" I call a psychotic warmongering proto-Reaper. *glares at Sins of a Solar Empire* As someone who prefers to build my empire in peace, I really don't want the AI to be aggressively warmongerish.

Yeah, we should always just have an 'Aggressive AI' game setup option for that type of AI.

But if the AI decides that it should kick your butt in war (versus in some other means, or work with you instead), it should be amply capable of doing so.

Pretty much agree with everything posted so far - better AI, good balance etc. What I *really* want is faster load times - I hate waiting around for the game to load.

I'd love to see at the least the option to make turns weighted towards the Ancient and Classical eras. The lack of units and sim time means they can kind of whiz by compared to the later eras, and war is fairly rare for various reasons.

Pretty much agree with everything posted so far - better AI, good balance etc. What I *really* want is faster load times - I hate waiting around for the game to load.

Amen x 10 to this. When I went back for a few rounds of Civ 4 again recently, the initial loading, as well as the internal game turn time, just blew me away.

A challenging and interesting game.

I think the district/city management aspect is a step in the right direction strategically, especially if it allows bigger maps, and visually is back in the direction we went with Civ 4 (and even before that you could see your cities in a separate screen). Neutered Stacks also give you the option for tall vs. wide as a choice in combat as well. You might stack at a choke point but have separated units in a wide desert.

Oh and I'll add while multiple leaders per Civ is a must for expansions, I'd love to see multiple Civs per leader. For instance Charlemagne could lead HRE, Germany or France but Bismark and Louis couldn't. Or Kublai Khan leading Mongolia or China. You could add Constantine for the first time as leader of Rome and "Byzantine".

I've got another one...

3. A demographics screen. I want to play Civilization by the numbers, know when I'm trailing behind, and figure out why.

When I'm England, and Germany attacks France I want to be able to tell Germany 'back off or I'll DOW you'.

And if I do DOW Germany to protect France I don't want France screaming 'You're a warmonger, I won't trade with you'.

This. The amount of times I've had close allies in the last 3 different iterations of civ that I have saved from being wiped off the map only to have them turn against me because I destroyed another civilization to do it is beyond frustrating.

Also, I just destroyed the empire that almost destroyed theirs, the fact that they even DoW on me (seems more specific to civ5 than other games, civ4, losing A.I. would just accept their fate and idle, I guess) is quite simply insanity.

They're literally inviting me to take their cities and wonders for free, at that point.

A 4X game that doesn't actively punish the player for performing two of the "Xs," expand and exterminate. I'm all for balance but the arbitrary penalties are kind of frustrating and unfun.

I would like a limited quantity of units, and allow to improve it. Not only limitated by resources, also by population and technology.

Try The Sims 3: you could have a four-course dinner at a five-star restaurant, watch the entire Der Ring des Nibelungen unabridged, and take a stroll by the river waiting for that game to load. :rolleyes: But yes, Civ5's loading time is a trifle heavy, especially in the late game.

i also want the tech tree to be more interconnected there should be patches of related things so you can sorta go strait to techs that you want but you can only go so far before you have to research something else. what would this do? it is less abusable easier on the ai and makes and makes the units/uniques that you have in your current are last longer

Top Bottom