What are the 12 wonders you'd most like to see included in DLCs and the second expansion?

What are the 12 wonders you'd most like to see included in DLCs and the second expansion?

• Abu Simbel

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Borobudur

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Brandenburg Gate

• Church of Saint George (Lalibela)

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • CN Tower

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Empire State Building

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Great Mosque of Djenne

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Himeji Castle

• Hwangnyongsa

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Karnak Temple Complex

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Leaning Tower of Pisa

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Louvre

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Machu Picchu

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • Mount Nemrut (Tomb of Antiochus I)

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Mount Rushmore

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Neuschwanstein

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Notre Dame

• Palace of Versailles

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Parthenon

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Pentagon

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Porcelain Tower

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Pyramid of the Sun

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Santa Maria del Fiore (Florence Cathedral)

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Shwedagon Paya

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • St. Peter's Basilica

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Statue of Zeus

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • Temple of Heaven

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Temple of Solomon

• Uffizi

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Others. What?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xandinho

Deity
With the first expansion launched, and with exactly 12 wonders included after the launch of the base game (8 in expansion and 4 in DLCs). I now propose the second version of "choose 12 wonders", and this time with new names, I included some wonders that have been quite popular in the elimination games. Choose 12 wonders from the above poll list that you would most like to see included in the next DLCs (if any) and the second expansion.
Here is the result of the first poll:

Spoiler :

• 1. Machu Picchu - 69.4%
  • 2. Taj Mahal - 66.9% - Already in game in Rise and Fall expansion.
  • 3. Angkor Wat - 59.5% - Already in game in DLC
  • 4. Statue of Liberty (Already in game in Rise and Fall expansion.) and Notre Dame - 53.7%
  • 5. Himeji Castle - 49.6%
  • 6. Kremlin - 43.0% - Already in game in Rise and Fall expansion and it is finally called St. Basil's Cathedral.
  • 7. Neuschwanstein - 42.1%
  • 8. Statue of Zeus and Louvre - 41.3%
  • 9. Parthenon and Temple of Artemis (Already in game in Rise and Fall expansion.) - 39.7%
  • 10. Leaning Tower of Pisa - 36.4%
  • 11. Great Mosque of Djenne - 32.2%
  • 12. Borobudur and St. Peter's Basilica - 31.4%
For those wishing to check, the previous thread: here

My votes:

Abu Simbel - Iconic, distinctive and impressive. I think it would look great on the map, and we need more legitimately Egyptian wonders.
Borobudur - Very iconic, if I were to choose another wonder of Southeast Asia, it would undoubtedly be this one.
Church of Saint George (Lalibela) - Very impressive, best option for Ethiopian wonder and one of the best options for African wonders. Some people prefer this as an improvement, but I think the place of this infraestructure is among the wonders of the world.
Great Mosque of Djenne - A wonder that has to be mandatory in all editions, it is considered the largest adobe structure in the world.
Himeji Castle - A very beautiful and iconic eastern castle, I think we should have at least one. This would look great on the map.
Hwangnyongsa - Probably the best Korean wonder option.
Machu Picchu - Very iconic and famous, I think we need a pre-Columbian South American wonder, and this is the best option.
Neuschwanstein - Very beautiful and iconic. I liked this in civ5 and would like it to go back to civ6.
Notre Dame - France is a civilization that receives bonuses to build wonders, so it deserves many wonders. Notre Dame is famous, iconic and impressive, and I think we need Gothic cathedrals.
Pyramid of the Sun - I know we already have some mesoamerican pyramids in the game, but this is too iconic to leave out. And I love Mesoamerican culture.
St. Peter's Basilica - It is certainly one of the most important Christian churches in the world, and this is probably the best option for medieval diplomatic wonder.
Statue of Zeus - It is the only wonder missing among the 7 wonders of the ancient world, this is necessary to the game.

Some for others:

Huaca del Sol: Moche temple in Peru. Was the biggest structure in the new world when the Spanish came even when erosion washed some of the mud brick away. Still a very large structure even with the Spanish diverting a river to wash about 2/3rds of it away so they could loot the gold within.
Lanterna di Genova: One of the oldest still active lighthouses in the world. Symbol of Genoa. Was the tallest lighthouse in the world until the 1900s.

My votes:

Abu Simbel
Church of St. George (Lalibela)
Himeji Castle
Hwangnyonsa
Louvre -- We could use another museum wonder.
Neuschwanstein
Notre Dame -- It's appalling we don't have a single Gothic cathedral in the game.
Palace of Versailles -- Overdue to return.
Shwedagon Paya
Temple of Heaven
OTHER: Chrysler Building -- We need more modern wonders.
OTHER: Krak des Chevaliers or Palais des Papes

I voted for a few of the (North)East Asian and Americas wonders, mainly because there are so few in number.

It would definitely be interesting if Mt. Rushmore gave a free naturalist, which is why I voted for it.
Machu Picchu and Statue of Zeus have to be a given since they are actual wonders.
Great Mosque of Djenne and the Uffuzzi would go well with a Mali and Italy DLC respectively with the Palace of Versailles with King Louis XIV.
Throw in the Louvre and Notre Dame as well because we can't have too many French wonders along with Neuschwanstein to keep the Germans happy.
Borobordur, Himeji Castle and the Porcelain Tower to round out wonders in East Asia.

How 'bout no to Mount Rushmore...

This is a difficult one. I certainly think we don't need any more Museum-type wonders. We also have a surfeit of religious temples, but the problem there is that so many world wonders are temples/churches/mosques of one stripe or another, so a lot of what I've picked fall into those categories too.

12 is also a lot... so I voted for:

Church of St George
Great Mosque of Djenné - although I'd prefer the Sankoré Madrasah for a bit more science + religion focus rather than straight religion.

We definitely need more African wonders so these are good picks, and Ethiopia and Mali should also be staple civs in the series roster. I'd also like to see another Egyptian one, but Abu Simbel is a little too reminiscent of Petra, and Karnak would be another early religious site that I've picked a lot of already...

Hwangnyongsa - we've never had a Korean wonder, and we currently lack a tiered pagoda, so this 9-storey behemoth fits the bill nicely.
Himeji Castle - we need more castle Wonders in general, and this is a stunning example. I don't want the ridiculous latter-day fairytale folly of Neuschwanstein. Krak des Chevaliers is a great suggestion from @Zaarin.
Shwedagon Paya - it's just stunning.

Then since we've got the other Herodotus Wonders we might as well get the Temple of Zeus.
The Temple of Solomon is due a return too, in fact I think it makes a better fit for Stonehenge's free prophet (perhaps a little later in the tech tree).

I think the Temple of Heaven has scope for an interesting ability too, beyond just a religious bonus.

Zaarin is quite right that we lack any Gothic Cathedrals, and Notre-Dame is a fine example.

Zaarin continues to be correct with the excellent suggestion of the Chrysler Building as a modern-era wonder, it's far more aesthetic than that Empire State upstart.

My final choice would be a pre-Columbus South American wonder. Machu Picchu is the staple choice, but it's more of a settlement than a wonder per se (of course the same could be said about Kilwa Kisiwani and Chichén Itzá – they really should rename it the Temple of Kukulkan). I'd prefer a specific Inca construction, such as the temple Coricancha or the citadel Sacsayhuamán. We also don't have any geoglyphs in the game, so the Nazca Lines would be a nice choice too, and who I'll give my final vote.

Another honourable mention is that we don't really have an fine examples of Arabic Islamic architecture in the game - the House of Wisdom, the Dome of the Rock and the Spiral Minaret would all be good additions.

Last edited:
Well, I have voted for :
Borobodur : I feel like its one of the greatest religious buildings ever made
CN Tower : We need modern wonders
Great Mosque of Djenne : We need african wonders
Louvre : We need museum wonders
Machu Pichu : We need the seven wonders
Santa Maria del Fiore : It could be a religious/culture Wonder that welcomes GW.
Shwedagon Paya : One of the most original religious and cultural wonders.
Statue of Zeus : we need the seven ancient wonders
OTHER : Kiyomizu-Dera : Because it's beautiful
OTHER : Jeronimos Monastery : Because it'd be great to have a Wonder linked with the great discoveries, and boni towards exploration (like boni from goody huts are tripled)
OTHER : The Moais : They are original, and would add a pacific wonder
Bonus : OTHER : Delta Plan : it is a must if climate change is ever added

My votes

Empire State Building
Great Mosque of Djenne
Himeji Castle
Neuschwanstein
Notre Dame
Palace of Versailles
St. Peter's Basilica
Machu Picchu

Other Options

Al-Haram Mosque - More Islamic wonders plus looks beautiful at night.
Crazy Horse Memorial - Native American wonder similar to Mount Rushmore
White House - Iconic building should be in game
Burj Khalifa - Modern wonder to make the late game more exciting
Eilean Donan Castle - A more Celtic take on the European Castle plus I love Highlander

Last edited:
White House - Iconic building should be in game
Arguably it is in game, hybridized with the Capitol Building, as America's palace. :p

My votes:
Borobudur - Indonesia deserves a wonder, and this is a perfect choice.
Churches of Lalibela - A great wonder for Ethiopia.
Great Mosque of Djenné - Would look beautiful on map. Also a perfect wonder for Malian Empire (Mansa Musa deserves to return!)
Himeji Castle - A beautiful Japanese castle, and once again, would look great on map.
Machu Picchu - A nice wonder for Inca Empire (which is a must!).
Notre Dame - How come there isn't any Gothic cathedral in the game yet when there are so many choices? Except for Notre Dame, we have Chartres Cathedral, St. Vitus Cathedral, Cologne Cathedral...
Santa Maria del Fiore - It is unbelievable that this wasn't featured as a wonder in any Civ game before yet.
Statue of Zeus - The last remaining wonder from the seven wonders of the ancient world that isn't in the game yet.
Versailles - France is one of the countries that deserves a second leader, and if the Sun King gets added, it would be an excellent opportunity to have this grand palace added!
Other (Etemenanki) - This game needs a Ziggurat wonder, and what is better ziggurat than the one that inspired the story of the Tower of Babel? Definitely a good wonder for Babylonian Civ.
Other (St. Mark's Cathedral) - I just really like this building :p

Arguably it is in game, hybridized with the Capitol Building, as America's palace. :p

Yeah I did think that, but to me Americas Palace looks like the Capitol Building. Plus a lot of the wonders currently in the game are the actual Palaces of the Civ ( I'm defining Palaces as either Residence of a Ruling Elite or a building for Government.) Examples include Big Ben and the British Houses of Parliament, Hermitage, Apadanaa and Forbidden City. When I think of Russian iconic buildings I think of St Basil's Cathedral (which is next to the Kremlin and could have also been the Russian Palace) but I'm glad they included it because I think its one of the best looking wonders in the game so with America I'm the same with the White House.

I liked your suggestion for Palais des Papes by the way I agree there needs to be some more Gothic style Wonders to build in the Medieval area. I love building St Michel as France and surrounding it with Chateaux's.

Others:
I really like the idea of building a bridge wonder that can be used for mobility. I'd love to see a one or two-tile Golden Gate Bridge that you can move units across like a road. It'd be useful in some places, I'm sure.
And also, I can understand the sensitivity with this one, but I'd personally be fine if they included the original World Trade Center. Sure, they're big tall blocks of grey, but they're still pretty majestic buildings, and they'd make a nice addition to a Modern Era city. I can understand if you'd think it's in poor taste, but it's been ~17 years, and besides, there's no way for wonders to be pillaged or destroyed in Civ 6, so I'd say it'd probably be fine.

It's interesting at first, but gets annoying after a while.
I find all YouTube videos except official music video and reruns of all old television show episodes match that description, at least from my perspective. Many don't even have the interesting, but hit the ground on the annoying side.

I find all YouTube videos except official music video and reruns of all old television show episodes match that description, at least from my perspective. Many don't even have the interesting, but hit the ground on the annoying side.
Well true, most are like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom