1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the different point levels for diplomacy?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by juanbobo, Oct 1, 2010.

1. juanbobo

juanbobo Warlord

What are the different point levels for diplomacy? For example how many points are needed for pleased, friendly...

2. Paw

Paw Warlord

It varies by leader.

3. juanbobo

juanbobo Warlord

That's what I would have thought, but I was looking at the BTS Reference Guide and it shows at what level a civilization allows certain trades, etc... (cautious, pleased...) so that lead me to believe that the levels varied by civilization for different actions, but the actual values are static, but if not where are these values defined?

4. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

I think it's +10 for pleased friendly, but there are a lot of hidden modifiers, e.g. Gandhi and Zara have a base +2 to the player, lower levels give you a hidden positive (or used to anyway, I dunno), higher levels have a hidden negative.

Also you get a bonus/penalty depending on your position on the scoreboard (AI like you more if you have a low score).

5. juanbobo

juanbobo Warlord

Right, I am aware that there are different modifiers for different leaders, but I assume the base values for each level are the same for all leaders. If so does anyone know them?

6. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

Unfortunately, everything varies by leader. You know from above posts about hidden modifiers and some leaders care a lot more about religion. Unfortunately, for actions by the leaders this also varies. Some can plan war at pleased, some can't. Mansa will trade monopoly techs even if he doesn't like you, most won't. Ragnar won't trade resources unless he likes you, most others will trade at annoyed. I think Cathy won't even trade maps at Friendly.

The rough base is +10 for Friendly and -10 for Furious, but the hidden modifiers can make that less meaningful. Some leaders can get up to +8 for the same religion, +3 is the limit for others.

Even the AI-AI attitude has hidden modifers due to Peaceweight.

7. juanbobo

juanbobo Warlord

Alright, good to know, thanks guys for your responses ;)