1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the icons for when you pick a civilization?

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by Flower, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Flower

Flower Chieftain

Hi, I'd like to know what the four icons are for when you pick a civilization. You got swords, a plane, masks and money dollars. I'm just curious.

Best regards,
    Flower

2. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

those symbols are probably for the four victory types: domination, technology, culture, and economic.

3. Flower

Flower Chieftain

thanks for the answer!

4. jayhawk97

jayhawk97 Chieftain

To expound on that... This is just a guess, but judging by how they are the same on every civ, and also on the difficulty selection screen, I would assume that in the full game they will light up whenever you have won that type of victory with that civ/culture.

Example: You win cultural with the English on King... the mask symbol will forever be lit up on king and english.

5. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Chieftain

i agree i think its like those statue heads i read about in the civlopedia, no idea where to see those, but it seems like the same thing, it shows you what victories you have achieved and with who.