1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the personalities of each Civ/leader?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by hardcore_gamer, Sep 30, 2010.

1. hardcore_gamer

hardcore_gamer Chieftain

We already know (and please correct me if I am wrong) that each leader/civ has its own personality, so that Napoleon is more likely to attack then Ghandi for example.

Basically, what are the personalities of each Civ/leader?

Discuss!

2. toccoto

toccoto Chieftain

Washington is a Crazy expander, but seems to honor his deals for the most part.

At least in my experiences, if he goes to war he's pretty clear about it.

3. Dusk

Dusk Chieftain

Instead of having peoples vague guesses, which will be highly inaccurate since it changes within some parameters each game and each map type will make the leaders behave differently, I'd hold out until someone can post a list with numbers.

4. milk steak

milk steak Chieftain

Gandhi: D*ckhole

5. Ferigno

Ferigno Chieftain

awesome.

Washington seemed to want a piece of me early, but that is going to fall under the "everyone hates you, all the time, and you are the devil if you're within 5000 miles of another civ".

6. Jaroth

Jaroth Chieftain

7. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Chieftain

Mate, you's a legend.

8. littlebum2002

littlebum2002 Chieftain

Trying to download spreadsheet, but can't. Any ideas why?

9. Grapa

Grapa Chieftain

Bismarck = warmongering walrusman
    Alex = Whiny 20-something college kid

10. Zakkkke

Zakkkke Chieftain

Zakkkke, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

11. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator

I removed the old thread because there's a more up to date version here.

12. VirginiaRounder

VirginiaRounder Chieftain

Alexander is clearly a raging narcissist. He thinks he's descended from Gods for crying out loud!

13. King Patrick

King Patrick Chieftain

For a more subjective, but still accurate, take on the various leaders, this post is very useful (and funny!). And here's a follow-up on the leaders in the downloadable extra content civs (DLC).

14. SuperHumanist

SuperHumanist Chieftain

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the bump, but I need an answer to something related to the forums.

When I click on the Jaroth's link it tells me:

----------------------------------------

SuperHumanist, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

----------------------------------------

I'd like to know why is that. I read something about the post being edited and then resent to the moderation queue (unaccessible meanwhile). Is it the case of Jaroth's thread?

15. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Chieftain

I've only noticed a few patterns, mostly related to the type of victory they like to pursue - if you have any interest in city-states at all, you can be certain that Harun isn't going to take it kindly (and Gandhi probably won't). Probably the single most consistent I've so far run into is Oda, with his rather boring tendency to declare war whether or not he thinks he can get away with it, especially if you're close to him, and tendency to hold grudges. It's got to the point that, even playing peacefully for the most part, I'll often make a particular effort to wipe out or neutralise Japan.

On the plus side, Oda doesn't much seem to favour technological development once he's got his samurai (all he gets later-game is the Zero, a replacement for an extremely short-lived unit that becomes obsolete as soon as you get Jet Fighters, so can you really blame him?), so he's only really a threat early to mid-game.

16. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator

That's it ;).

17. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Chieftain

Hell no There are no personallities in civ 5 they all act the same way in diplomacy!!!!!!
    They all go to war if someone military is low not because they hate the person because of their flavor... They will backstab you if you are winning and so on...

The only difference of the flavors his how they play the game.

For example : Ghandi and kamehameha usally build a lot of wonders and want to go culture victory...

Alexander,Khan usally build a lot of units and will go for a domination game. Askia olso build a lot of units.

Cesar usally build a lot of improvements.

All those flavors in the spreadsheet are how they flavor certain units/improvements. For example Elizabeth will build more navy then other leaders BUt still act the same as other leaders in diplomacy

18. chazzycat

chazzycat Chieftain

Did you actually read the spreadsheet? Or did you just miss the categories like warmonger hate, boldness, loyalty, etc.? These directly affect how an AI behaves in diplomacy...

19. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Chieftain

20. SuperHumanist

SuperHumanist Chieftain

LOL :lol: Thanks for the answer (and suddenly many people reply to the thread like if the last post wasn't from almost a year ago...lol again? :p Naah just funny...I guess), but as you can see I already posted on that "new" thread an hour and a half before you answered me. I was asking more about the technical thing (when does the forum tell me "you do not have permission to access this page") than about when could I access it.