What are the short and long term plans for Caveman 2 Cosmos?

Prscyse

Chieftain
Just wondering what the small and big planned features are? Like... will we ever see Neanderthals past the prehistoric age? Will we see new species in the mod?

Will we see new species in the mod?

I do know that there are plans to expand on the implications of the Species Uplifting technology, as in more species being made intelligent, not just dolphins. What exact buildings and units this entails, I don't know about. Thunderbird should know the exact details.

Civics will continue their slow evolution thru rebalancing.

Currently working on a massive unit review of core land units. This will expand to the rest of the units once those are complete, first naval, then air, then cultural then heroes. Then the coding plans that have been formed from these plans will be implemented. This includes a major overhaul of unit carrying systems and a major overhaul of unit AI programming (not completely abandoning what's been done but a strong re-evaluation and reorganization of it all). This is currently assuming multimaps will be made possible along the way. Once the basic elements are sorted out in code for the unit details as noted, the xml will be applied, and some of that may also mean I'll need to work on a lot of new unit graphics as well. It will be applied from the Prehistoric forward when it gets to that stage.

After that, numerous plans are in the works for some building replanning and new tags and mechanisms that will hopefully help us a lot with rebalancing the economy but also set us up for equipment and maybe even volumetric resource management.

New graphics for the buildings for each culture. I mean like African, European etc for each tech era would be nice or at least updating them a bit. Also making the remainder of the generic looking units specific to each culture graphic wise. I mean playing as African or Asian and seeing a European generic unit that was missed is a little immersion breaking etc. Kind of like Sparth I think... did a few years back...not sure if I'm naming the right guy. Guessing you guys would need a new graphic arts person for that I suppose. Not sure what else they can do. Tweak the civics even more...perhaps. Anyways that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

New graphics for the buildings for each culture. I mean like African, European etc for each tech era would be nice or at least updating them a bit. Also making the remainder of the generic units specific to each culture etc. Kinda like Sparth I think... did a few years back...not sure if I'm naming the right guy. Guessing you guys would need a new graphic arts person for that I suppose. Not sure what else they can do. Tweak the civics even more...perhaps. Anyways that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.
We took out a lot of that culturally specific art because of the massive burden it was placing on the processing and how much it was contributing to MAFs.

We took out a lot of that culturally specific art because of the massive burden it was placing on the processing and how much it was contributing to MAFs.

I see. Too bad it slow down processing. Well at least you guys did not take everything out. I still see quite a bit of it and I enjoy little things like that. Maybe its because I play with the expanded civs mod mod. I got a pc with tons of ram and good card so its actually runs pretty decent on my end.

I see. Too bad it slow down processing. Well at least you guys did not take everything out. I still see quite a bit of it and I enjoy little things like that. Maybe its because I play with the expanded civs mod mod. I got a pc with tons of ram and good card so its actually runs pretty decent on my end.
The problem with this program is that it's not limited to your system but to its own innate limitations being a 32 bit program that we cannot get around so we HAVE to build this within limits and it's thus important to prioritize certain choices.

While discussing the implementation of the graphical paging feature with some people over at the C2C forum
We've gone full circle!

I actually did try this exact tool for a bit, didn't notice much of a difference, but also wasn't pushing the system that hard. Feel free to try it if you've a large game, let us know if it reduces MAFs or increases performance.

What do you mean? It clearly edits the exe. to allow 4GB.
It's not an edit to the EXE as much as to systems that don't open up that much (if we're talking about the 'switch') but if it's the expansion to the program, I've been told by Alberts2 what can be done was done in our code a LONG time ago and we've inherited since then.

It's not an edit to the EXE as much as to systems that don't open up that much (if we're talking about the 'switch') but if it's the expansion to the program, I've been told by Alberts2 what can be done was done in our code a LONG time ago and we've inherited since then.
\
BtS already have the large address aware flag set in exe, that came with one of the BtS patches, either 3.19 or 3.17 I think.

Well it claims to allow the exe. to read up to 4GBs instead of the normal 2GBs. Also some people on the thread have noticed a slight difference. I haven't progressed far enough to notice much, but I swear the load times for the building upgrade chart in the pedia was a tad bit faster. But who knows that could be a placebo.

I'd have to know what the average turn wait time is for most people that make it to the later stages of the game to really rule out if I truly am falling to a placebo.

I'd have to know what the average turn wait time is for most people that make it to the later stages of the game to really rule out if I truly am falling to a placebo.
The amount of memory you can access is not something that would change the speed of a turn time. What it could do perhaps is keep a MAF from happening.

Top Bottom