What are the strangest city-state quests?

cain3456

King
I got one to build Machu Picchu. Ok, not so strange in itself. But I was playing on an archipelago, and there wasn't a single mountain on the planet. :crazyeye:

The strangest? For me it's the constant City State A asking me to make war with City State B - while one of the first things you learn here is to never make war with a city state...

The strangest I had was a city state asking for me to connect Gems to my trading network even though his city already had Gems yet didn't build a mine yet.

I've have horses, but I'd traded ALL my horses to an AI for cash 44 turns ago. (I play on Epic speed)
City state requests horses.
Next turn: Horse deal expires. Instant win!
After getting credit, I sell the horses again.
The CS later requests horses again!
Granted as soon as that deal expires the second time.

Asked me to build a road...the problem is that i was at +15 tiles from him(due to mountains blocking the way!).

I once had Edinburgh ask for a Great Artist. The next turn, they gave me a Great Artist. Quest insta-win :lol:

Another easy one is when they want you to find other civs on a pangea map.

Asked me to kill a CS. Then they hated my guts for it because I just killed a CS. Yep, it makes that much sense.

Connect a source of wine to them.

Said source existed in my 2nd city, unworked.:smug:

I don't see how any of them are strange. They're all pretty generic and make sense.....

Asked me to build a road. HAD A ROAD connected to him.
Don't know if it's your case, but Iroquois have to build a physical road to CS to complete a quest. 'Forest' road doesn't count. Even if it has only one tile of unimproved forest.

Did you have at least 1 city on the other continent?(and coastal :dunno:)
Doesn't have to. I've got the same quest on archipelago map. :crazyeye:

Upcoming changes in this department are more than welcome. Three weeks to go. :mischief:

Did you have at least 1 city on the other continent?(and coastal :dunno:)

no, i didnt. i only had a scout running around meeting everyone. if i remember correctly it was during the late Renaissance. it's happened a couple times but maybe even more. when i get into later turns (200+) and 10 different CS communications pop up I tend to clear them before reading them.

edit: i actually probably had a coastal city, i usually try and have one coastal every game, but not one on another continent.

no, i didnt. i only had a scout running around meeting everyone. if i remember correctly it was during the late Renaissance. it's happened a couple times but maybe even more. when i get into later turns (200+) and 10 different CS communications pop up I tend to clear them before reading them.

edit: i actually probably had a coastal city, i usually try and have one coastal every game, but not one on another continent.

Well if i had to vote, i would vote for this statement for the strangest/weirdest cs quest. I never got that kind of quest(at least not that difficult :lol:).

Top Bottom