What are you hoping/expecting to find out at PAX?

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
PAX is next weekend; now BNW has been announced, people will be expecting some more information!! However, what can we realistically expect?

I don't think there'll be a demo to show us the gameplay at work like there was last year; however, I would suggest they'll tell us all about Poland; I believe as well they'll confirm at least two other civs...perhaps Assyria, seeing as the siege tower was in the screenshot and, I would guess, the Zulus would be confirmed. We'll find out what the siege tower does/replaces.

Other than that, they'll talk a lot about the new culture and trade systems and probably confirm one more wonder and one or two new generic units.

With a little luck, they'll also release around seven new screenshots from which we can start deducing some other info! I think they may even do this around Friday of this week.

I want to find out all the information.

Or more seriously, I don't, because being drip fed is way more fun than binging. A few screenshots with a lot to analysis, but not all that much to say, will make me happy.

Truth.

With stuff like Simcity lately, I would like to be told information that is true. Not misleading at all. Firaxis always does this, so thats not a big concern, but I had to say.

I'd like to hear some AI improvements, but seems like lost cause. I'm extremely interested in them expanding peacetime diplomacy between nations.

It's pretty interesting how our standards of strategy games have increased since Civ 5's release, perhaps with the increased popularity in Paradox's grand strategy games? I mean, people were frowning at Civ 5's AI at release, but lately I've seen a lot stronger emotions towards Civ 5 due to its lack of AI and difficulty settings. Just a thought.

Yeah, but, more information on expanded diplomacy AI (Not just diplo, the AI for it) and reliable information.

I want to find out all the information.

Or more seriously, I don't, because being drip fed is way more fun than binging. A few screenshots with a lot to analysis, but not all that much to say, will make me happy.

That's true. I hope they confirm Assyria (and reveal something more about them, who is the Leader, UA or UB) and give another hint. But I think they're going to confirm more than one civ.

I'm wondering whether trade units are actual units or, preferably, like spies and trade is done using a trade screen.

Though, more information about trade in general would be nice.

Other than that, they'll talk a lot about the new culture and trade systems and probably confirm one more wonder and one or two new generic units.

You seem to say that like it's a bad thing :). Personally (and this may offend some so I apologize in advance) I don't care much about which new civs are being added or what new wonders were included this time around. I mean, that's cool and all but there is so much of that kind of stuff added by modders that I don't miss it much. Sure, it's nice to get "professional" grade stuff but a lot of the stuff produced by modders is just as good IMHO. Some new post renaissance units would be a nice addition. Mostly, it's the new game concepts that I love about this new expansion. They seem to be finally adding things to the core game that Civ4 players were trying to mod a long time ago. The trade route system and tourism for sure. I hope there is even more that they are keeping hush hush about for now. I look forward to something new like "we've also added a new yield like power that is required for your factories". Now that would be AWWWSSOME... :goodjob:

Bringing back power would certainly give uranium and coal something to do beyond feed units. With the new system of moving food and production, it would be nice if in the industrial era and beyond you could have powered cities producing more food and productions than non-powered cities. Advanced buildings that increase yields would only work if powered.

Also would allow smaller cities to gain relatively higher food and production yields compared to their population count, which is great if the city is a feeder puppet city for your actual core cities.

1. How Caravans/Trade Ships really work
2. 3-5 more civs
3. Find out some natural wonders

Revealing at least few new civs
Some low-resolution screenshots to analyze for next few weeks

I'm still in ecstacy over the announcement of BNW so that's all I'm asking for.. :)

I'm expecting a bit more info, but not much. Maybe some info of a few civs (one UA of civA, a unit of civB and something else of civC), so we get some info, but most remains a mystery.
I'm also hoping for a few screenshots, 5 or so, to keep us busy for a while. Firaxis knows how to tease the community with doctored pictures and monute amounts of hints or info.

It'll be a speculationfest here on the forums.

But bottom line is that I don't expect much, small teasers mostly (a unit, etc), to get us riled up, and they'll slowly release more info in the coming months until release.

I expect a lot of it will be rehash from the interviews already done.

What I hope is for additional information on how the core game is going to change. The new stuff is exciting and all, but I also find changes to the core game just as interesting. For example, they are removing gold from river/ocean tiles. That is a huge change! Does this mean trading posts are still in the game? Do they work the same way? Etc.

Given that there is 4-6 more months until release, I suspect they will be somewhat miserly with info. They will mostly rehash what has already been said and perhaps fill in the blanks with regards to what Polish sites are reporting. Maybe they will say mention Assyria, but I think they won't talk about them much.

i expect a release date, the new intro video, 3 civs partially revealed, a couple genric units and a big discussion of culture, tourism, and archaelogy with6-8 screen shots.

Top Bottom