What Are You Listening To (Metal, Punk & Hard Rock Version)?

gonna go back to the 80's back when people were scared Metal was satanic and ruining our kids (the jury is still out on that one).

This band is considered cheesy because their lyrics are all pro war. But I like em. Everyone else is anti war, so why not be pro war to be different? These guys are better known outside the U.S. than within- go figure. If you like D&D you may like these guys. Beware: epic long songs ahead- true metal

Link to video.

Link to video.

Link to video.

One more- I bet none of you guys heard of these guys. They kind of wimped out by the 90's, then their guitarist died. This is raw early 80's metal. Their mid 80's stuff wasn't so great, however.

Link to video.

A lot of good songs in this thread :D

Link to video.

Repetitive, I know, but I really like to listen to it when I'm feeling a little down.

The band is Faroese. It sucks that I couldn't find a better version of it on youtube :(

Also, this song I love to listen while I swing on a big red swing that's close to my house:

Link to video.

Bring me a magic potion it will heal my aching woouuuuuuunds.

A lot of good songs in this thread :D

Link to video.

Repetitive, I know, but I really like to listen to it when I'm feeling a little down.

The band is Faroese. It sucks that I couldn't find a better version of it on youtube :(
Týr are great. Saw them a few months back, playing with Alestorm. I guess see the logic behind the match, but if you actually see them together in one evening you realise how faulty that logic really was!

Link to video.

I heard Alestorm before but I forgot about them :D Thanks.

It's that one of them are vikings and the other pirates, right? :lol:

Yeah, but that's not the mismatch- it's that one plays a highly competent synthesis of heavy metal and Nordic traditional music and expresses a genuine interest in their subject matter, while the other plays godawful bargain basement thrash accompanied by the clumsy tootling of a cheap keyboard set to "accordion" and rehashing an over-used stereotype in four hundred different ways.

...You may be able to guess which one I prefer. ;)

Oh Traitorfish, you prude!

I can't imagine Pirate Metal being any other way :lol: Cheap, dirty, loud, "godawful"; what would you have it be?

Cheap, dirty and loud I can live with; it's the "godawful" that gets me. After all, Flogging Molly can put out a "pirate punk" song or two without it sucking, so why can't Alestorm? ;)

I don't know if I agree that they're godawful ;) But I suppose there's a very fine line between what's good and what's bad Pirate Metal.

BTW, what do you think of these guys?

Link to video.

Decent enough thrash, but you can't jig to it, which is the heart of a good pirate song (and anyone who's ever experienced the glory of the jigpit will know that I'm not exactly joking). ;)

Well, unfortunately, I have never been to a Metal concert, let alone one with a Pirate Metal band playing :(:(

I'm still a kiddo.

Top Bottom