What are you most excited for?

The Almighty dF

Pharaoh
A lot of us have been monitoring this mod (and helping, of course) for a long time now, and most of us haven't been able to play the original since 3.19 came out, so...

Who are -you- most looking forward to play as (in the base mod, not counting module packs), and why?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9489466&postcount=433
All the leaders are listed here ^

Personally, I've gotta say:

1. Maurya. I love playing Asoka as a warmonger, and I love playing as Joao II. Maurya is basically Joao II of India. I'm expecting him to be the best domination leader EVER. Cheap fast workers, cheap settlers, starts with mysticism so can build monuments early for border expansion.

2. Hirohito. I'm -really- psyched for the nationalistic trait, and I'm already quite fond of imp and Samurai. I'm also more happy with the shale plant since, since 3.19, I have almost never seen coal.

3. Harun al-Rashid. I've always felt that the Arab civ needed a good culture-monger leader, and with Harun's traits, Arabia's got it. Phi + Arab UB = awesome, not to mention Capo's replacement UU. Camel Archer is -still- dumb to me. Their use under Saladin is more of a myth based on a few poorer soldiers using their camels instead of horses. -Actual- camel archers is more of a Persian thing.

4. Itzcoatl. I'm curious about how nomadic will play out, I've always sucked as Montezuma, so this'll be interesting for me. I believe there'll be a -lot- of synergy here. Nomadic means bigger cheaper empire, exp means cheaper support for said empire, and Sacrifical Altar means you'll have an easier time whipping up stuff for said empire.

5. Seti. Egypt's already my main civ to play as, I'm a -gigantic- Egyptology dork, and it'll be nice playing Egypt as a complete warmonger. Sure, you won't find much synergy with his UB, but just remember: Egypt easily has one of the best UU's ever. I've actually lost the game because of how effective war chariots are. Over expanded, didn't have a neighbor to trade with anymore.

Obviously I am pretty much in control of what happens in this mod, so I'm kind of the worst person to answer this question but I will anyway. Keep in mind I do a lot of playtesting so I have played this game a lot, but it has always been to test this, or to see how that goes, so I haven't really played a game just for fun in a while, but here is what I am looking forward to.

1) Superspies + Nationalistic Trait = awesome.

2) All of the modcomps I am adding to the mod but have never actually played (like Commanders for instance)

3) Making modular civs and scenarios (that's right, scenarios), and don't worry, I'll get a real scenario maker to make them, its already in the works. :goodjob:

4) FDR flippin me the bird.

5) MHP being a national wonder.

6) Dynamic civ names and flags by era; I know it isn't really a game-changer, but I think it will be cool.

7) And if I can get it implemented properly, the religious victory with inquisitors combined with KRC and the possibility of adding religious crusades (via the AP).

:goodjob:

Top Bottom