What are you watching on Youtube now? ξ/ι, or Digamma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elephants suck :) Alexander killed them all again anyway.

Iam amazed that Heavy Infantry was able to stand up to Elephants, The Romans used light skirmishers to counter elephants, generally a few javelins to the elephant is enough to cause it to panic
I also would have thought the Indians would have been given chisels and hammers by the elephant driver to kill the elephant to prevent it from stampeding there own troops.

Defeating 100 Elephants is impressive, I'd imagine they would have made a mess against any other army of that era.

Strongly recommend this guy, really intelligent spirituality/philosophy thinker. Every minute is packed with invaluable truth.

"It's alright that philosophers should argue with each other, I'm not going to quarrel with that either. But from my standpoint, the more I look at it, the more the extraordinary variety of human opinions, and ways of life, becomes comparable to a flower garden, where these plants and trees and worms and birds and snails and slugs are playing all kinds of different games."

Last edited:
There's certainly no arguing with Alan Watts. A big influence on me, down the years.

I wouldn't have him pegged as someone in tune with Libertarians, though.

Really? He's got some great stuff about the state. My favorite goes something like "The government is merely the strongest band of criminals."

A cultural "jihad":

Last edited:
French kicking some German (Holy-Roman) arse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom