What are you watching on YouTube now ?

Usually I look for stuff on history or ancient history. There was a recent discussion here about Atlantis, so I looked that up.

The youtube feed isn't providing anything interesting anymore. Tonight maybe I will type "crackpot theories on ancient history" and see what I get.

Wilt Chamberlain vs Mohamed Ali. That would have been a fight to see. To bad it never happened.

Yanis Varoufakis, former Finance Minister of Greece, Professor of Economics at the University of Athens, and author of several bestselling books including most recently "Another Now: Dispatches from an Alternative Present," joins David to discuss the future of the global economy, Europe and the European Union, and much more.

Nothing too cool, but still kinda cool:

It sounds like a very big apartment to clean on a Saturday.

It's not particularly big (for that price, I mean...), but it is on the 96th floor and has great view. But I read in the youtube comments that the building has various structural issues.
Yeah I just spent 10 minutes listening to this stuff and the comments are truly the best part ;)

Potential Customer: "Lemme get this straight. I'm gonna spend $169,000,000 and NOT get a swimming pool, private helicopter (with standby pilot), pool table, bowling alley, balcony, basketball court, fitness center, a couple luxury automobiles, a private chef, food for 10 years or a parachute in case something goes wrong?"
Listing Agent: "Well, no. But you DO get an espresso maker, wine cooler, a piano and some overpriced furniture...and....did I mention the view?"

Well, yes. I suppose this is also why they made (apparently) only the last floor be a single-apartment (thus larger). Otherwise people would not care about the top floor on account of the view alone (the view is great tens of floors below already).

Victor Lustig was something else.

...When Lustig's mistress, Billy May, learned that he was betraying her for Shaw's young mistress, she decided to take revenge and placed an anonymous phone call to the federal authorities.[8]
On 10 May 1935, Lustig was arrested in New York and charged with counterfeiting. Although he openly admitted to his partners' involvement in the operation, he himself feigned ignorance in the matter.
However, Lustig's refusal to disclose information on a key found in his possession proved to be his undoing, as it was later found to open a locker in the Times Square subway station containing $51,000 in counterfeit bills and the plates with which they had been printed.[7]

The day before his trial, Lustig managed to escape from the Federal House of Detention in New York City by faking illness and using a specially made rope to climb out of the building, but he was recaptured 27 days later in Pittsburgh.
Lustig pleaded guilty at his trial and was sentenced to fifteen years in prison on Alcatraz Island, California for his original charge, with a further five years for his prison escape.
On 9 March 1947, Lustig contracted pneumonia and was pronounced dead two days later at the Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield, Missouri.
On his death certificate his occupation was listed as apprentice salesman.

Here is his 10 Commandments for con men.

1. Be a patient listener (it is this, not fast talking, that gets a con-man his coups).
  2. Never look bored.
  3. Wait for the other person to reveal any political opinions, then agree with them.
  4. Let the other person reveal religious views, then have the same ones.
  5. Hint at sex talk, but don’t follow it up unless the other fellow shows a strong interest.
  6. Never discuss illness, unless some special concern is shown.
  7. Never pry into a person’s personal circumstances (they’ll tell you all eventually).
  8. Never boast. Just let your importance be quietly obvious.
  9. Never be untidy.
  10. Never get drunk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom