What are your 5 favorite computer games ranked. Where does Civ3 fit your ranking?

stwils

Emperor
I am curious. What are your favorite 5 all time computer games? Where does Civ 3 fit in your ranking?

I'll start.

1 - Civ3 Conquest
2- Civ 1 (for Windows)
3- Age of Empires/Rise of Rome
4- Sid Meier's Pirates
5- Toss up among Tetris, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Pandora's Box, Dungeon Seige, and - oh help. Many more but none like the first 3 I listed.

stwils

1. C3C
2. Civ 4:Warlords
3. Age of Empires 2
4. Call of Duty 2
5. Sim City 3000

1. Ultima Online (Years ago when it was better, not now)
2. Warcraft
3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
4. Civlization 3: Conquests
5. The Sims (Again, Old ones)

Other great games: Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sid Meier's Pirates, Age of Empires III

I don't play too many computer games though, I've probably owned 10ish if you don't count expansions.

1. Age of Empires III for overall quality and fun.
2. Civ3Complete for the scenarios, and the fact that I can play with it some.
3. Rise of Nations for modifying the unit values, but hate that I cannot add units to it.
4. Age of Mythology, for sheer fun. Wrath of the Gods Away!!!!!!
5. Age of Empires 2 for the ability to match historical opponents.

The last three are pretty close, and if I included mindless shooter games, then Wingnuts comes in to play. For me, working on getting the unit values historically accurate, or reasonably close is of major importance, being a military historian and weapons consultant. I am still learning to add units is Civ3Complete, and when I do, then the mods will start coming from me.

Can't resist, here is one for the old timers:
1. Civ III - of course (all the Civs fit into here)
2. M.U.L.E
3. Panzer General I (Pacific General was very good too)
4. POPULOUS I
5. DOOM I

I've heard that HOMEWORLD is very good, but I haven't palyed it yet.

In no particular order:

Civ3:Conquests
GTA:Vice City
GTA:San Andreas
DiabloII/LOD

I've also completed both Dungeon Siege & DS:Legends of Aranna twice, and Freelancer twice. Done a small bit of modding with both. RCT (the original) can be fun at times, as can STV:Elite Force.

I can't really rank them, because I go in spurts. I'll play nothing but VC for a while, and ignore everything else. Then it'll be Civ3, then whatever. With the exception of DiabloII/LOD, I play all of the others.

But as I also said in the other thread, Civ3 is the game I've been playing the longest.

1. Civ 3
  2. Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction
  3. Civ 2 Test of Time
  4. Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri (SMAC)
  5. Diablo (1)

Turner, isnt kinda hard to play the GTA games in a computer? I find it easier, and more fun on the PS2, but thats just IMHO. :scan:

CIV III [civ3]
America's Army online :ar15:
Final Phantasy :twitch:

it doesn't have to be in that order

Greetz

Ansar the King said:
Turner, isnt kinda hard to play the GTA games in a computer? I find it easier, and more fun on the PS2, but thats just IMHO. :scan:

I prefer the computer. I have an easier time aiming with the mouse than with that crappy little joypad the PS2 comes with.

That being said, I have a crappy little joypad (logitech something or other) that i use when playing either of the GTA games. I switch back and forth as needed.

I've had both games for both the PS2 and PC, and I enjoy the PC more. Better graphics, better music (your own playlists rock!) and a better chair....I have to sit on the floor when playing the PS2, and it makes me butt hurt.

1) Americas Army
2) CIV III
3) IL2 Sturmovik
4) The Sims
5) Any war first person shooter, besides Americas Army.

1. Civ III

2. Civ IV
3. Victoria
4. Crusaiders Kings
5. Europa Universalis II

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2
Command and Conquer: TS
Creatures 3
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Deadlock II

Odd, Civ 3 is not on my list. Ah well, I play it because I no longer have the discs to those.

1 - Civilization III + Expansions
2 - SimCity 2000
3 - EA Sports NHL series
4 - Grand Theft Auto (original version, haven't played the others)
5 - Civilization IV

Top Bottom