1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your Favorite Civs for a Domination Warmonger victory and why?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Aedra, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Aedra

Aedra Chieftain

Just curious as to what civ you choose when your goal is to conquer the world. I have a tendancy to pick Russia and England the most because I like industrial age units.I've probably won the most domination victories playing as Japan, just spamming samurai and siege towers.

2. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

Rome! You can end up will some incredible musketmen and field cannon corps once you unlock the needed techs/civics.

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Any of the weaker civs because I prefer a challenge.

4. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Alex is alot of fun cause of the horses so is Persia cause of the extra movement.

5. Forster

Forster Chieftain

I would thing Sumeria or the Aztecs because the start units are very powerful and can allow you to knock neighbors very quickly giving you a solid base to work from.

6. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Egypt and Kongo.
    Both of them are negative Civs, making the game a little bit more challanging(but far from enough)

7. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Chieftain

I'm having a lot of fun with Harald on an island plates map. I know he's supposed to be one of the weaker civs. I declared war on England as soon as we met, and I captured London in the ancient era with just 2 longboats. (I bought a slinger to defend it) Then stopped attacking her cities but refused peace and just kept pillaging coastal tiles and stealing workers until she *finally* built up an army, then I peaced-out.

I got the God of the Sea pantheon, and I'm settling cities anywhere there are multiple fish tiles; each city gets a harbor and a holy site (for the stave church.) A lot of them are just snow cities and don't have enough land to build anything else. But they are production powerhouses and crank out warships.

I've continued harassing everybody; I declare war, take minor cities in good locations from which to attack my next victim; rape and pillage everything in sight but don't capturing the major cities right away. Then offer a peace deal and DOW someone else. Eventually I'm going to take *everything* (except the city states; they love me)

8. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams Supporter

Gorgo, hands down. The culture from kills is extremely strong and rewards aggression but doesn't make the immediate situation easier. Gorgo is encouraged to war but doesn't have anything that makes war easier, except for hoplites.

9. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Chieftain

I just finished the game. Culture victory, about 2 turns before I captured the last capital (Washington) because it was inland, and surrounded by hills so it was hard to get vision for my bombers and artillery even after I captured the 120-strength cities around it. I used missionaries for scouts, otherwise I never would have found the city center even tho' I knew what square it was on (the only tile on the whole map still on the fog), and I sent them on suicide missions as spotters until it was safe to send in mechanized infantry and modern armor units.

I gotta give Teddy credit for creating such a defensible empire. Encampments in all the right places so I had to take several of them first before I could attack the cities.