What are your favourite movies?

I'll take a look at it.

Dachs, how familiar are you with Soviet-era Russian cinema?

I've never gone to the effort to rank my favorites, but here's a bunch. I know I'll think of a dozen more over the rest of the day.

The African Queen
Alien
Aliens

Almost Famous
The Big Lebowski
Blade Runner
Brazil
Breakfast Club
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Casablanca

Comrades: Almost a Love Story
(Maggie Cheung)
Donnie Darko
The Empire Strikes Back
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Fallen Angels
(Wong Kar-Wai)
Fight Club
Ghostbusters
Good Will Hunting
Her

High Fidelity
Jaws
Lone Star

New Dragon Gate Inn (Tsui Hark, Brigitte Lin)
Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
Out of Sight
Pan's Labyrinth
The Petrified Forest
(Leslie Howard, a young-ish Humphrey Bogart playing the villain, and an even younger Bette Davis)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Rear Window
Saving Private Ryan
Secretary
Se7en
Shaun of the Dead
The Silence of the Lambs
Star Wars
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
John Carpenter's The Thing
True Lies

When Harry Met Sally

Nice I've never seen or met anyone who would ever even think to list New Dragon Gate Inn on a fav movie list, I love that film! Original too. Great choices overall, highlighted ones I count in my top faves, I like your taste. And from the Marvel's I see we agree on all things Cap and Black Widow as well. Well met sir.

I'Il add to my tops
Heat
The Blues Brothers
Mad Max Fury Road
Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
Enter the Dragon
Jumanji
Snowpiercer
Das Boot
Tremors
The Matrix
Ex Machina
Gattaca

There are so many. But I have to say that Hereditary (2018) made certainly to my favorites list. One of the best movies I watched at 2018.

Nice I've never seen or met anyone who would ever even think to list New Dragon Gate Inn on a fav movie list, I love that film! Original too. Great choices overall, highlighted ones I count in my top faves, I like your taste. And from the Marvel's I see we agree on all things Cap and Black Widow as well. Well met sir.
:hatsoff:

I've actually never seen the original Dragon Gate Inn. Steve and Natasha are probably my favorite duo in the MCU. A Black Widow movie has kind of been overtaken by events, and should've been made years ago, but I'll still be thrilled to see one. I'd also be happy to see another Capt. America movie, but I have a feeling that Endgame might render that impossible.

brilliant classic, seems i never grow tired of that movie..
are the sequels still good?
No. I watched the fifth one this week. Just… no. It's better to just turn off the television set and stare at a wall than to watch the Tremors crap.

If you stare at that wall long enough, a tremor will come through it.
We had an earthquake aftershock back around the time Donald Trump announced his candidacy (or at least in the same year), then a real earthquake when he came for the G20 summit. But other than that, this is generally a quake-free zone.

Top Bottom