What are your recommended tools of the Trade?

damunzy

recovering former mod
Retired Moderator
What tools do you recommend (and why)for:
Graphics
Sounds
Any others?

I haven't started to modify games yet but I am very interested in doing so. I have Paint Shop Pro 7.0 but I don't know of any program for modifying the sounds. Please help

------------------
-PaleHorse76-
All rights reserved, all wrongs avenged.

I prefer Corel PhotoPaint for the GFX.

For minor sound changes I use the Window sound recorder, probably not the best tool, but its ability to mix different .WAV files is very useful for civ sounds. I also try use it to cut off the unneeded silence that some WAVs have at the start and at the end to reduce their file size.

------------------
http://www.crosswinds.net/~cbrosing/Civ2000.htm

I would suggest that you get on the net and download as many sound mixing and editing programs as you feel necessary. I use a combination of windows sound recorder and the audio station that comes with my voyetra sound card. Sounds need to be crisp but you have to start with good clean sounds to begin with. If possible, find an audio station of some kind that allows you to see the sound wave with an interface that lets you point and click to mark and change or paste the sound file.

As far as graphics, I've been using photoshop 4.0 (my adobe illustrator isn't working right now) and I draw, then scan my work to color on the computer. I test a unit in several ways before commiting to it...I test its color against the background of terrain, how it looks with other units, and to see if the sounds I am using make sense with the unit.

------------------
John Valdez
Modpacks/Scenarios/Review

I'm a lot more classic... Paint Shop Pro 3.1 and/or CorelDraw for graphics, Microsoft standard software for sounds... that's why it takes me so much time to finish a scenario...

Top Bottom