What are your saving habits?

How often do you save?

• Once a turn. Better safe then sorry!

Votes: 26 20.3%
  • Oh, about once every five turns or so.

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Every 10-20 turns.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Before any major event (war, revoloution, etc)

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Saving!? Bah! Saving is for cowards and weaklings!

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Autosave

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters

LOVE_Magiska

Warlord
Well, how often do you save your Civ games?
Are you a save-once-a-turn crackhead, or one of those that play for
hours without saving and then loses it all when the computer chrashes?

I only save when I'm finished with my Civ session.

How can you lose all work when the comp crashes? Atleast my gave auto-saves every time!

Same here. Auto-save is turned on, I only manually save when I finish my session.

welcome, love-magiska, to cfc forums! like your atavar you come up and you choose an intersting poll to post.

however, i have to say, i cannot decide easily for one of your options. this grabs my saving concept most. in the early game i'm hardly saving except those major events. in the late game it's almost every turn, because turns become so lengthy and so much happens during a turn.
therefore, i could have voted for "once a turn".

Originally posted by bluebox
welcome, love-magiska, to cfc forums!

And yeah, I kinda forgot a Autosave option, any chance of a mod editing the poll for me?:( :o

Well, because of my problem with the crashing, I usually save multiple times each turn during a war. Outside of war, I usually only save before important events, and let the autosave take care of the rest.

In addition to autosave, I usually save just before major turning points or decisions points in the game, such as declaring war, launching a nuke, etc.
Occasionally, I'll go back later and replay the balance of the game using a different strategy or military plan.

I save every few turns....I'm bad about that in any game I play, actually, not just Civ.

I only save after I'm done playing for the night. And I turn off auto-save, because I like to live dangerously. :p I've only had a game crash on me once or twice in about 10 years of Civving, so I don't see the need.

What, saving, whats that??....:lol: only time I ever save is when I'm quiting for the night, oh and I also have autosave on.

I'm addicted to saving. I generally do it every turn (though sometimes not near the beginning of a game when turns are short), and sometimes even multiple times a turn. Two reasons, really. One is, if I ever fsck something up, like accidentally mash the numpad and have a unit wander off in the wrong direction, I can reload. And the second one is, i'm still a newbie, so sometimes its nice to be able to try something out, learn the hard way, and then reload without penalty. :p

Autosave and end of session.

i do save before a major war break out but i seldom go back to retrieve the file even if i lose the war...
i think autosaving is doing a good job helping me win those emp and deity game... i reload on average 10 times a game (settler killed in early game,etc)

Top Bottom