What are your "unpopular" opinions about Civ6?

Hitler should be a playable leader for Germany. Yes he is awful, yes nazis are bad but it is history and Stalin Mao etc have been in the game and they were butchers as well.

Hitler should be a playable leader for Germany. Yes he is awful, yes nazis are bad but it is history and Stalin Mao etc have been in the game and they were butchers as well.
The problem with him is the game would be banned in Germany, at least, which is a major gaming market.

He is available as a mod.
Apart from the ban in Germany, the reasons he shouldn't be in the standard version are:
(a) He is far too recent.
(b) He didn't do much apart from one big try at a DV before rage quitting by firing a bullet into his own brain. Whatta noob!

Want another level on the disaster intensity button.

Level 5 would be:
  1. Cattle produce cow farts raise CO2 emissions, warm planet.
  2. Population growth raises CO2, warms planet.
  3. Cutting Trees heats planet.
  4. Physical activity warms planet.(Working tiles against nature.)
  5. Thinking requires food so is severely limited.(Campus is against nature.)
  6. Being alive requires food so growing food is severely limited as people produce CO2 and warm planet.
  7. When threshold is reached you have to stop all population growth and all kill off your population to save the planet.
  8. Player wins who has last person standing; then dies as that is the end of civilization and you've saved the planet.
  9. Rewards for fastest accomplishment
  10. Earth sings a happy dance at the end.

He is available as a mod.
Apart from the ban in Germany, the reasons he shouldn't be in the standard version are:
(a) He is far too recent.
(b) He didn't do much apart from one big try at a DV before rage quitting by firing a bullet into his own brain. Whatta noob!
IIRC we used to have Winston Churchill in one of the civ games., and I think also Eisenhower as a mod, along with DeGaule. Perhaps that was Civ V.

El Dorado and King Solomon's Mines should return in Civ VI as natural wonders (and a few mythological natural wonders can be added as well).
Space Aliens or Martians? Need a stargate or two.:egypt: I'll settle for a better AI.

I could have sworn this thread was about unpopular opinions and the whole concept was to not refute or argue with them. You must have gotten triggered pretty extensively here. You are like the third out of like 200 comments to straight up go to blows with an OP.
The irony of this is you're actually replying to the thread's OP, and the "whole concept" you're relying on was never actually mentioned by them. Folks are mostly respecting these opinions as a matter of course, but it's kinda funny that the one time the thread's creator responds, you go off at them for being "triggered" :p

I could have sworn this thread was about unpopular opinions and the whole concept was to not refute or argue with them. You must have gotten triggered pretty extensively here. You are like the third out of like 200 comments to straight up go to blows with an OP.

Lol I am OP of this thread
And I have never written that they should not be argued with or refuted, discussion is fun :)

Lol I am OP of this thread
And I have never written that they should not be argued with or refuted, discussion is fun :)

I gave you a like, but younger, ruder Lithuanians will probably demand they deduct one like from me.
Don't think that means we forgive Poland for stealing our crown!

You sound like the kind of men who think being rude is being brave and honest :(

(a) Kościuszko was born in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Haha. He's ours. Honestly.
(b) Looking at your avatar reminds me... Do you and Jadwiga go to the same hairdresser?

And a modded Hitler is just fine. I even played him. Even better I had an epic air war (and naval war) with Winston Churchill. This was actually an ancient start game on a TSL ynamp Earth map, but I didn't start expanding until ww2 era techs started coming on line. And yes they did build lots of spitfires, and gave me some challenges. Got pretty easy after that though, and I quit.

Problem with such a leader is the tendency of Firaxis to make all the leaders cutesy and somewhat likeable. Even Genghis. I don't think people would like it if Firaxis "humanized" Hitler in any way, even though I disagree with people dehumanizing and making him into some kind of monster (we must acknowledge many people have the capability of evil when they achieve positions of power, you see it often with CEO's like CBS CEO). So Firaxis showing leader art of Hitler being silly and maybe playing with his German Sheppard probably wouldn't go down well. Though I would love to see the Downfall meme video when you declare war on him. :lol:

Want another level on the disaster intensity button.

Level 5 would be:
  1. Cattle produce cow farts raise CO2 emissions, warm planet.
  2. Population growth raises CO2, warms planet.
  3. Cutting Trees heats planet.
  4. Physical activity warms planet.(Working tiles against nature.)
  5. Thinking requires food so is severely limited.(Campus is against nature.)
  6. Being alive requires food so growing food is severely limited as people produce CO2 and warm planet.
  7. When threshold is reached you have to stop all population growth and all kill off your population to save the planet.
  8. Player wins who has last person standing; then dies as that is the end of civilization and you've saved the planet.
  9. Rewards for fastest accomplishment
  10. Earth sings a happy dance at the end.

11. Earth calls its friend planets "hey how are you doing ,I've been sick lately , caught a humanity for almost 3 millions years , but now I feel better. "

I hate the way the game plays by the Modern eras. Would rather stop at about Industrial Age.
You just slug it out.
Perhaps as irl you could have intragovernmental squabbles e.g. the Trump or Netanyahu which would cause all kinds of morale problems and the possibility of splintering the country causing (make a list) negative actions.
Yellow Jacket Marches, the toppling of the leader, etc.
Countries in chaos.
Reactionaries and revolutionaries everywhere, armed and unarmed; the disintegration of civilizations.

The bio stuff annoys me especially since I came across this https://interestingengineering.com/scientists-capture-bacteria-that-eat-pollution-and-breathe-electricity
We should have a mod for this. "...these specific microorganisms can literally eat pollution." This is a must for the green agenda!!

And a modded Hitler is just fine. I even played him. Even better I had an epic air war (and naval war) with Winston Churchill. This was actually an ancient start game on a TSL ynamp Earth map, but I didn't start expanding until ww2 era techs started coming on line. And yes they did build lots of spitfires, and gave me some challenges. Got pretty easy after that though, and I quit.

Problem with such a leader is the tendency of Firaxis to make all the leaders cutesy and somewhat likeable. Even Genghis. I don't think people would like it if Firaxis "humanized" Hitler in any way, even though I disagree with people dehumanizing and making him into some kind of monster (we must acknowledge many people have the capability of evil when they achieve positions of power, you see it often with CEO's like CBS CEO). So Firaxis showing leader art of Hitler being silly and maybe playing with his German Sheppard probably wouldn't go down well. Though I would love to see the Downfall meme video when you declare war on him. :lol:

Remember back when they used to make the leaders look sexy? I'm really getting old.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

The difference is that Stalin and Mao are actually hailed as fathers of their modern nations in their respective countries.

Top Bottom