1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What became of the panthers?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Jabie, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

There are panthers in Age of Ice (in the jungle at the North of the map), but there are no wild panthers in FfH? Is this purely because f gameplay reasons, or is there lore justification for it?

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

There is no lore reason.

There used to be panthers, but then someone got the idea of introducing packs of animals. Wolf Packs were given the same stats as Panthers, which led someone to complain about how they were only graphically different. Rather than heeding my suggestions and making the animals more unique in different ways (like giving Panthers Woodsman I and II and letting them be invisible in jungles), Kael simply removed the Panthers.

3. cypher132

cypher132 Emperor

I would've gone with MC's idea. That sounds like it would work. Each animal hunts and kills (or runs and hides) different, so it makes complete sense to me.
    Damnit, I want more animals.

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That's pretty much what we did in RifE.

5. A_Hamster

A_Hamster Small Furry Animal

There were no panthers. There never were panthers. Move along, Citizen. Nothing to see here. The Computer is your friend. Trust the Computer. :D

6. Skitters

Skitters Prince

The lore reason is that its all part of the Svart plot to subjugate Erebus