1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What BNW civ will you play first?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by digrosz, May 27, 2013.

1. digrosz

digrosz Dirty Frank

When you have installed your copy of BNW, and when you're setting up your first game, what civ would you play first? I think I will play Brazil first, personally.

2. _Calyx

_Calyx Warlord

Definitely Assyria - a scientific focused warmongering civ? Sign me up.

Though, I expect it to be difficult to find a balance (at emperor and below) where there are AI players are out-teching you but you can still take their cities. Should be fun!

3. PrimoXanthous

PrimoXanthous ~ knightmare13 ~

1st. Indonesia, im a little curious about the promotion of kriss swordsman.
    2nd. I want Poland, i like those Wing hussars. the coolest unit in the game (for me!)

4. Princeofnigeria

Princeofnigeria The illustrious

Poland. GO CULTURE!!! Also I've been waiting a long time in civ to fight with winged hussars.
    2nd will be Portugal, as they're the most deserving in my opinion.
    3rd depends on who the unrevealed civ is.

5. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

I think probably Morocco...

6. Stellarnight

Stellarnight Warlord

Venice of course ;)

On a serious note, i will probably crank it up on random as usual. Did it for Gods and Kings. Only got to play as one of the new guys after the 4th round. It was the Mayas.
    If i have to choose, i will probably choose Portugal or Morocco to try out the new trade Mechanics and since i will be likely to be peaceful, i can probably do some manipulating in the World Congress.

After hopefully a victory, i will then choose Indonesia. Random Promotions intrigue me

7. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I want to try Indonesia first as a trading, religious tolerant warmonger. Then I will try Brazil and delve more into the culture game. After that who knows?

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

This is subject to change pending confirmation of Venice, but I'm thinking:

1) Portugal
    2) Indonesia
    3) Brazil
    4) Assyria
    5) Morocco
    6) France
    7) Poland
    8) Zulu

This is not necessarily the order of interest. I spaced out civs with similar proclivities so that I experience variety from one to the next.

9. werothegreat

werothegreat Warlord

I'm going to play as France (which I actually haven't yet), and set the new 9 as AIs, so I can interact with all of them.

10. mortynv

mortynv Chieftain

I think that I will play as the Zulu's and Brazil first. I like really aggressive civs so there are less for the AI to choose from.

11. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

First Poland and then my beloved Byzantium:love: with all the new civs.

12. MeowthLover

MeowthLover Chieftain

First, I'll play as a vanilla or G&K civ that was changed against the 9 BNW civs as AIs.

Then, I'll play the BNW civs released so far in this order:

1. Portugal
    2. Brazil
    3. Poland
    4. Indonesia
    5. Assyria
    6. Morocco
    7. Zulus

13. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    Definitely Brazil!

14. Stove

Stove Chieftain

Will probably play as Portugal for a trading, World Congress diplo win game

15. Crazyflyinpanda

Crazyflyinpanda Chieftain

For me it will probably either be Morocco or Assyria against France and the other eight BNW civs. Don't know why but I've always been partial to picking African and Middle Eastern Civs and Morocco and Assyria sound more interesting than Zulu because of better trade routes and the Kasbah and I'm curious how well the siege tower will work. edit: I also forgot about Brazil the new cultural victory sounds like a massive improvement than the old build 4 cities turtle the whole game and befriend as many cultural cs as possible. And if that strategy sounds a bit off feel free to criticize since I'm admittedly not very good at civ 5 right now.

16. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Well initially it was going to be Poland since they are my favorite new civ but in terms of playstyle i find morocco, Portugal, and Assyria to be the most interesting... I will probably play morocco first and then Poland so I can explore all the trade route stuff. I also love a desert start if I can get desert folklore although it seems it was nerfed? Not sure

17. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

1. Portugal - just because I have a crush on naval history and want to explore the new trade route mechanic + feitorias. Set Poland as one of my opponents to see if they screwed up Casimir's lines :crazyeye:

2. Poland. Winged Hussars will stomp the world.

3. Assyria
    4. Venice - if it's included
    5. Morocco - I always loved playing as the Moors in Total War, finally I will be able to do so in Civ.
    6. Indonesia
    7. Brazil
    8. Zulu

18. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

I am going to pick an old (vanilla/DLC/G&K civ) that has NO civ-specific advantages for tourism, art/culture, or trade. My reason is fairly simple: I want to try and experience the new systems and see how they change the game I have been playing and strategizing around for the last year. I will probably play 5 games like this before getting into old civs that DO benefit from the new mechanics. Then I'll play the new Civs I find the least interesting. Last I'll play with Morocco since it's my favorite.

A new expansion? You have to savor it, dear boy. =)

tl;dr - Byzantium, then 3 other old civs with no tourism/culture/trade bonus, then Polynesia, then France, then BNW civs starting with Poland, ending with Morocco.

19. Tinker

Tinker Prince

Probably Morocco or Portugal, depending on the abilities of the last two civs.

20. Omega_Kabob

Omega_Kabob Chieftain

Morocco first, and Venice, if it is included, second. If Venice isn't included (and the civ that is isn't very interesting) probably Portugal.