1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What can you rush with a Military Great Leader

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by zerksees, Nov 25, 2013.

1. zerksees

zerksees in remission

Of course you can build armies, but MGLs can also be used to rush city improvements. I searched around for a reference but could not find one. Anyone know which improvements can be rushed with a military great leader?

I am specifically interested in great wonders.

2. Puppeteer

Puppeteer Chieftain

In Conquests, military great leaders cannot rush Great Wonders. Small Wonders, buildings and units down to the lowly warrior, yes, but obviously they are better values for Small Wonders or Armies.

Bear in mind that if a city has "tainted" shields (from disbanded units, forest chops or short-rushing) in its build box I don't think you can switch to a small wonder to rush it with a MGL; in that case finish another build and then rush the wonder or rush a wonder in another city.

Scientific Great Leaders in Conquests can rush Great Wonders...in fact their "Scientific Golden Age" is bugged so GW's are the only use for them.

In "vanilla" Civ3 and PTW there is only one kind of leader and it can rush anything, probably with the same caveats of not being able to rush with tainted shields in the box.

3. zerksees

zerksees in remission

Thanks! I will adjust my game plan accordingly.

4. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Note that the AI can rush Great wonders with an MGL as it does not use the GUI.