What car are you driving, again?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Leha, Jun 2, 2006.

1. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Hatch for me: very nice all round car.
    Though having drove a old manuel clutch car the new easy manuel clutch is like a dream. You no longer have to be so precise when changing gears

2. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

'04 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

3. bhsup

bhsup Deity

4. Sahkuhnder

Sahkuhnder Delusions of grandeur

5. Pyrite

Pyrite Emperor

"I'll have a nice flower display sent to your funeral."

14 people died riding bicycles last year in NYC. (Commemorative ride by critical mass throughout the city to all the accident points.)

Think the number of people dying in car crashes was more ? I do!
    Whatever, you can destroy the enviroment if you want to, that's honestly your choice, but it's also the choice of bike riding miscreants to smash smileys into the rear view window!

6. Sahkuhnder

Useless comparison as far, far, far more people drive than ride bikes.

So you are a criminal too, nice to know what kind of person I am talking with. I always love it when people use violence to promote their supposedly high-minded social agenda as it shows their hypocrisy. Your credibility is spiraling downward.

Not that you're worth it if resort to violence, but here is my post explaining my position and why I do drive, and will continue to drive, an SUV.

7. America444

America444 Coming Back To Life

1997 Chevy Silverado

8. .Shane.

.Shane. Take it like a voter Retired Moderator

You have a fundamental lack of knowledge about how statistics work.

If you really wanted to compare, which I'm sure you're not interested in, your posts seem mostly to be hyperbole... You'd have to quantify such things as:

*number of cars/bicycles driven
    *hours driven
    *distances driven
    *number of people travelling by cars/bike

etc....

9. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Then I assume it would be my choice to run down bike-riding miscreants before they can destroy my '94 Chevy Beretta?

10. Pyrite

Pyrite Emperor

"Then I assume it would be my choice to run down bike-riding miscreants before they can destroy my '94 Chevy Beretta?"

Of course! That's the essence of it! Opposing viewpoints amped up to the point of violence. (although I doubt that a chevy beretta would be a major target, suit yrself) If we can't reconcile our differences then we should at least be honest and struggle. But while I would happily bust open an suv window, slash it's tires, and otherwise vandalize and destroy things, I sincerely doubt your capability to kill a person.

"So you are a criminal too, nice to know what kind of person I am talking with. I always love it when people use violence to promote their supposedly high-minded social agenda as it shows their hypocrisy. Your credibility is spiraling downward."
    Of course I'm a criminal! I support and partake in many an illegal activity! I'm not using violence to promote my high minded social agenda, as I hardly think that violence is a tactic that is popularly supported, do you? Violence is simply a reaction, it serves absolutely no purpose except as an indicator that an irreconcilable difference has been reached and conflict has ensued. Does it really accomplish anything. Hardly, but we must fight for what we beleive is right, even in the face of overwhelming odds. Besides, you've never felt alive before such an experience! The difference between those who say they would run me down in their cars, and people like me, is we actually don't care about the consequences, the laws, or the society we are seperated from, and do what we say!

"If you really wanted to compare, which I'm sure you're not interested in, your posts seem mostly to be hyperbole... You'd have to quantify such things as:"

I think that it would honestly make an extremely interesting study! I'll try and research it, although I wonder how I'd come up with an accurate figure for the number of bikers in the city, as there are no licenses for bike riding. How exactly would one determine that? Also, I think that calculating the distance that each person is going is absolutely impossible, you could see the % of people commuting to work by car, and the general areas that have a high density of commuters by car and base distance off that by car, but how exactly could you do that by bicycle? (most bike commuters take public tran and then bike once closer to their destination.) All in all I think it'd be fairly interesting, but for fatal car crashes in nyc, I still think that since such a large majority of them happen in fast lane traffic where there are specific, safer bike lanes that driving in the city is more dangerous in terms of lethality. Though I've gotten dusted over my *** a couple of times by getting scraped by trucks and stuff, and I know a large amount of injuries happen, fatalities are extremely, extremely rare.

11. Sahkuhnder

@ Pyrite -

I didn't say I'd run you over and neither did blackheart. He just asked if according to your own violence-based ethics if you would mind having the same violence applied to your means of transportation.

When it comes to an accident I'll take my SUV with huge bumpers, large crumple-zones and airbags/seat belts to your bike any day.

Like I said earlier, I'll have a nice flower display sent to your funeral. :p

12. Pyrite

Pyrite Emperor

Well yeah, otherwise what would be the reason in my violence? I commit it because I see it as a valid means of...negotiation!

"When it comes to an accident I'll take my SUV with huge bumpers, large crumple-zones and airbags/seat belts to your bike any day."
    Well, if they come out with a model that isn't a death sentence for the earth, I'd probably agree with you.(though bikes are pretty effin cool)

"Like I said earlier, I'll have a nice flower display sent to your funeral"

Now yr just being facetious!

13. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

I've been driving this for my summer job:

14. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Pyrite, is this your attempt at satirical humor? Either way, it's extremely trite and gets you nowhere.

15. Pyrite

Pyrite Emperor

"Pyrite, is this your attempt at satirical humor? Either way, it's extremely trite and gets you nowhere"

Nope, this is how I really act.

16. Raisin Bran

Raisin Bran Cereal Killer

My old car

My new car

2001 Hyundai Accent Gs

17. De Lorimier

De Lorimier North American Scum

I drive a beat up version of the 97' Mazda Protégé. A grand-pa car! I just had an interview for a better position. If everything goes my way, I'll buy something better.

18. Leha

Leha ooseepoosee

Hey, you know what, you are absolutely right. I noticed that too. I live in pretty dry country, but for 3 winter months we have rainy season and yes, it is a problem.
    (But considering skewed showers we have here I'm not sure any other car is protected better :))

19. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Forgot I took this, in case anyone is curious.

20. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I have a Nissan Pulsar. One of the last Pulsars to be made before they were replaced by the Tiida.