What causes a religion to be founded?

ozymandyus

Chieftain
Just curious, I've been playing around for a game or two now and am not sure how the religions are getting started. The civpedia section on religion talks about them, but not how they're founded. I don't see anything about religions in the tech tree, either.

Just curious, I've been playing around for a game or two now and am not sure how the religions are getting started. The civpedia section on religion talks about them, but not how they're founded. I don't see anything about religions in the tech tree, either.

It works like in Civ4; you have to be the first one to research the tech they are connected to:

- Edenism (with Terraforming)
- Homo Superior (with Memetics)
- The Ascetic Virtues (with Pressure Dome)
- The Voice of Planet (with Centauri Meditation)

I also checked the datalinks; the religion entries only list the tech icon, but for the techs the fact that the 1st researcher founds the religion is mentioned.

It works like in Civ4; you have to be the first one to research the tech they are connected to:

- Edenism (with Terraforming)
- Homo Superior (with Memetics)
- The Ascetic Virtues (with Pressure Dome)
- The Voice of Planet (with Centauri Meditation)

I also checked the datalinks; the religion entries only list the tech icon, but for the techs the fact that the 1st researcher founds the religion is mentioned.

Excellent, thanks Pfeffersack! That had been driving me a little crazy.

Top Bottom