1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] What causes this?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by unfairlane, Jun 14, 2018 at 3:39 AM.

1. unfairlane

unfairlane Chieftain

Strange. Suddenly (to me) the game has changed the rules and I can not see what causes this. As it is now I am only able to place one military unit in each city, that close to ruins the city defence.

Made a backup of my xml, deleted and reloaded the game but it is still limited to one defending unit pr city. This kind of kills the game and I can`t see how to adjust this. Does anyone know how to get rid of this limitation?

- a defending unit limitation might not be too wrong, should be linked to the citys size

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

You are describing normal Civ V game rules. What changes to the game files did you make (or what mod were you using) that allowed multiple units in a city?

3. unfairlane

unfairlane Chieftain

Oh I forgot to mention, global defines are modified, plot_unit_limit are set to 12. Been playing it like this for a long time, then suddenly..

4. unfairlane

unfairlane Chieftain

Started a New game without mods and the problem is gone. Has to be from one of the later mods