What changes with my departure

Rhye

's and Fall creator
You might have noticed that I'm leaving for a period: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=337283

The bad news

- I won't have Civ installed, so I can't code and test.
I also won't be able to edit graphics (which is needed for religions, civs and building icons)

- We need someone to take the head of the development. Not in the sense of decisions, but that just can gather all the stuff. If capable of running Visual Studio, would be even better.

The good news

- I've exported almost all the modifiers from the DLL to python. So, no need to recompile to raise inflation to Persia.

- I've moved the settlers maps from DLL to python. So it's just Excel to python. Copy and paste. As it already is with city names and AI wars maps.

- All of you can now contribute more than you had so far. For example, adding units, techs or leaders is something every modder can do. Making it all work with RFC is more tricky, but you can rely on me in that case.

- I may release the alpha (depending on how things are organised - that is, on who is keeping the updated project) very soon

- I'll hopefully be able to visit this forum

I'm willing and possibly able to do project management-type stuff, such as collecting data. I don't have Visual Studio, but this seems like it might be a decent open source alternative? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpdevelop

Having an alpha would make it all a lot easier, I think, as we can start fiddling with things directly instead of brainstorming.

very well, you'll manage the files then.
We'll decide together when it's time for an alpha release.

I don't think anything else than Visual Studio 2003 will work without big problems.
However, SDK won't be needed for now.
It should be messed with for some UPs, for tech&building AI-specific preferences, but nothing more than that.
Can be pushed later, and the rest (UHVs, leaders, techs, buildings,...) can be made just with XML and python.

Top Bottom