What cities should we capture on the other continent?

Which cities should we capture? (choose one for each civilization)

• Eulbar (Babylon)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ashur (Babylon)

• Eridu (Babylon)

• Hastings (England)

• Warwick (England)

• York (England)

• other English city

• Kagoshima (Japan)

• Osaka (Japan)

• Edo (Japan)

• Hakodate (Japan)

• Ise (Japan)

• Satsuma (Japan)

• other Japanese city

• Don't capture cities

• Abstain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TimBentley

Deity
What cities do we want to capture on the other continent? Choose one option for each civilization. The discussion thread is here. The poll will officially close at the start of the turnchat on Wednesday at 20:00 GMT (I'll update my instructions about 15-20 minutes prior to that).

There are attached screenshots here and here. Analysis for Oxford, Samarra, Eulbar, Osaka, Kyoto, and Kagoshima are also found in the second link.
And here are two useful screenshots:

Just a suggestion ..

As you're considering the cities to conquer, select them in groups (one from each civ close together). By having the cities we take in close proximity, we make their defense easier, maximize the FP benefit and even make the initial conquer simpler for us. Be nice to the troops - give them a small area to defend!

(And a BIG WIDE OPEN area for the tank to run amok!)

-- Ravensfire

Excellent poll, Professor. I'm not real sure where Samarra is located, but I voted for it, as the city was highly recommended. I also favored Kyoto over Kagoshima, it being a Capital city with Ivory.

Samarra is roughly under the minimap on the first screenie and would gain us spices. I too prefer Kyoto (although it was also hard to resist the 10 BG of Osaka) over Kagoshima, sacrificing some production for Ivory. Samarra and Kyoto, along with the third city of Oxford will form a reasonably small territory to protect while claiming 2 luxuries.

Top Bottom