Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Byzantines

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Persia

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Peri

Vote early and vote often
This is the run off from the previous poll.
It will also be open for 72 hours.
Happy voting citizens :)

The Mayans! Our early boost will put us way ahead of all the other nations! And, we only have a 40% less chance of getting a SGL so its not out of the question ;)

2nd Choice is tied with Celts and Sumeria. Celts for a UU thats cheaper than before, very powerful (and also comes when we are a tad more established), religious which, unlike a trait like commercial, will come in handy for us--even if not majorly. And of course the celts are agricultural.

3rd choice is Sumeria. Also agricultural, has a lovely UU--especially for fighting barbarians--and the scientific gamble--if we get lucky--will make us ultra cool.

I'm thinking the same as Hygro. You seem to read my mind. :)

I voted for Maya.

This seems to come out as a very tough decision. Let's hope this ends well. :)

Japan is by far the worst choice, with a mediocre UU that comes too far away, and no early boosting traits. Even Spain is better, as its being seafaring will allow us contact with the entire world.

After those terrible and bad choices respectively, the rest are fairly decent.

Yeah. No clear 2. and 3. choice. We'll have to wait a little longer... But no more than friday.

Originally posted by Hygro
Japan is by far the worst choice, with a mediocre UU that comes too far away, and no early boosting traits. Even Spain is better, as its being seafaring will allow us contact with the entire world.

After those terrible and bad choices respectively, the rest are fairly decent.

I totally disagree.
The Samurai unit does not need horses but functions a knight. It is the first mobile unit that has good attack and defence. This makes warfare a lot easier in the M Ages. Also the Golden Age and increased production comes at a time when the Great Wonders are far more useful and don't have an expiry date.
On the whole I think Japan is an excellent choice.

Japan is by far the worst choice, with a mediocre UU that comes too far away, and no early boosting traits.

Thanks, Peri, for saving me some typing. ;)

Also, as far as early boosting goes, it doesn't get much better than cheap Temples and cheap Barracks(and Walls and Harbors........)

Go Japan!

Peri, in the PTW MSDG, half the players lost in the ancient ages. To keep a competitive edge, we need to be strong in the beginning. The Mayans are perfect for that. The Japanese are not.

I'd take England or America over Japan, and we wouldn't even use those UUs

Hygro, what you may not know is that 5 other teams have the Mayans on their wish list, so there is a very good chance we will not get them.

With the Miltary trait that Japan provides, we will be able to react more quickly to threats by building the needed walls or barracks for half cost. Granted, it will be a tough road at first, but if we make it to the early Middle Ages, we are assured of sticking around for awile.

Looking at the results, I think we should go with Japan. It isn't on everyone else's wishlist and it is tied with the highest amount of votes. Then maybe Maya second and Persia third, unless new votes come and change it.

BTW, I didn't vote for Japan but would still support using them.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
Hygro, what you may not know is that 5 other teams have the Mayans on their wish list, so there is a very good chance we will not get them.
Hence my backup in the Celts. Or hell, Aztecs if we must be militaristic. Sumeria's not a bad choice either.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
With the Miltary trait that Japan provides, we will be able to react more quickly to threats by building the needed walls or barracks for half cost. Granted, it will be a tough road at first, but if we make it to the early Middle Ages, we are assured of sticking around for awile.

That's what we said about picking China in the PtWISDG. Doesn't seem to be as advantages as we'd like, does it? The cheap walls haven't done anything another trait would have more than made up for. Would you rather have throw away priced walls and 4 cities, or cheap walls and 6? I'd go with the 6 any day.

To settle this, We should have a final poll with the top three choices from this poll as the only options.

Actually, I have no problem making the Mayans our first choice. If we make them the second choice then we will not get them, as several other teams have made them their first choice.

Yet now it looks like Japan is in the running for the top spot, and if we submit our results that way Japan is what we will get.

If this poll holds up, let's submit:

Maya
Japan
Persia

It will give us a shot at the Mayans, plus a formidable back-up plan. Sound good?

Doesn't seem to be as advantages as we'd like, does it?

Unlike the PTW game, I will be here from Turn 1 to ensure that we don't spend the entire Ancient Age with only two workers. So please try not to blame all of our ISDG woes on the Military trait. ;)

Top Bottom