What civ should I play if attempting a religious victory?

Zaklog

Chieftain
I decided I'd like to try for a religious victory, and I was wondering what civilization would be best adapted for that? Which have you tried in the past and what strategies have worked for you? (I'm a wimp, by the way, on FfH2, I play Noble at max.)

I like Varn Gosam because he can change to financial and he is spiritual.

Use high cohesion map with a flavor start: floodplains and gold. Research mysticism, change to God King and pacifism, build the desert shrine, use a priest. Research crafting and mining, Bulb RoK. If you get the holy city, use the thane to spread the religion to the closest neighbor and boost relations. Open up borders and connect roads.

Develop and be strong enough. 3 or 4 cities should be plenty. Spread it then like crazy. Go Priesthood, use your world spell for free priests if an Inquisition is need. Go fanaticism and change to the Mercurians in your holy city if a fanatic war is needed to convince some of the "true" religion.

Getting up to 70% religion for a while is pretty easy I think, but sometimes you stop there and fall short of the mark as the AI gets other religions - then you need to bang them.

Varn Gosam is usually fast enough on a flavor start.

I love religious victory with Clan of Embers
Warrens = disciple spamming :)
First, I would go for RoK ASAP, bulbing it if needed.
When you have writing and RoK, use worldspell and trade/give RoK to everyone.
Then, go for warrens and priesthood, and try to end the game :)
If someone wants open borders with you, spread religion and inquisite whatever you can; if someone does not want open borders, flood him with units from warrens

I love religious victory with Clan of Embers
Warrens = disciple spamming :)
First, I would go for RoK ASAP, bulbing it if needed.
When you have writing and RoK, use worldspell and trade/give RoK to everyone.
Then, go for warrens and priesthood, and try to end the game :)
If someone wants open borders with you, spread religion and inquisite whatever you can; if someone does not want open borders, flood him with units from warrens

Very interesting!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Top Bottom