What civ traits and/or civ do we choose?

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
While the Vanilla/PTW/C3C vote is still up in the air, I think we can start to talk about what civ we should pick, (and civ traits).

Here's what we had:

DG1 - Persia (Ind/Sci) - Early UU - got lots of use
DG2 - Germany (Sci/Mil) - Later UU - got lots of use
DG3 - Rome (Mil/Com) - Early UU - got limited use
DG4 - France (Com/Ind) - Middle UU - got scarce (but important!) use

(see a pattern? ;))

We have yet to have a religous and expansionist trait. (rel/exp would be the Iroquois).

There would be others for vanilla Civ3:

rel/sci - Babylon
rel/mil - Aztecs, Japan
rel/com - India
rel/ind - Egypt

exp/mil - Zulus
exp/sci - Russia
exp/com - England
exp/ind - America

BTW, I'm thinking we should stick to vanilla Civ3, not just because some users don't have PTW/C3C, but because of the kinks that need to be worked out in C3C (especially subs, armies, etc.). It's fun to go up against an AI with 5 cav armies running around! (China in DG2)

I beleve we should go with the Rel/Mil Traits of the Japanese :)

I'v already stated I like England. If we do what I hope we do (a <5 CC), the expansionist trait would not be the greatest, but it would be fun to use, especially if we do a small or tiny world. Also, the Commercial would allow us to keep up in tech, as it's hard to research with a small ammount of cities.

Here's an idea:
England, 5CC (Bat Med, Armies, Wall Street included) Diplo Victory. Tiny map, max ammount allowed on that type, archipelligo, 60% water.

Any takers?

Personaly, I dont like playing on a 1CC to 5CC game. I dont mind playing as the English due to there UU the Man-o-War.

Let's make it as hard as possible. America! We can try for a 5CC diplo victory. Oh, the difficulty...

But, seriously, I think being our old rivals from EVERY Demogame, the Babylonians, would be very interesting. We can finally use culture to our advantage!

The 1CC/5CC is a topic for another thread. ;) I'll make one...

The most fun I had in the DG's was when we got into trouble and were trying to get out of it. For that reason I think we should try to get a civ with a lousy UU, or limit ourselves (<5 cities). So I do agree with Noldy's idea of a 5CC Diplo victory with the Americans.

Expasionist civs do have 1 advantage - goody huts. (unless we turn that off).

They'll never get barbs, either, but it is possible to get a free city (I had it happen once in vanilla, but I think it's rarer).

I say England, India, or Japan. I've always liked India, but thats more based on a whim than on India actually being good. :p

yeh, we could be babylon and try for that culture victory we wanted this game(at the beginning)

That's if we want a 20K victory. It's possible with just 2 wonders though (Great Library and Pyramids, I think).

Japanease! Sumari will destroy all enemys! :)

How about a mod where our civ has no traits or UU? That would be more challenging.

Japan. I've campaigned for Japan since DG2.

(Does it matter that this is my first post in a while? No.)

I'd like Japan. I'd also like the Aztecs... that Jaguar Warrior is such a double-edged sword as a UU. A scout that can defend itself, but not welcomed by goody huts.

(does it matter that this is my first post? Maybe.)

Top Bottom