What civics are run by what countries?

jackelgull

An aberration of nature
This thread is for an admittedly ridiculous thought experiment trying to link real life nations to their civics.RAND has a great civic system and thanks to it, the actual policies by real life countries can be modeled by it somewhat. I'm sure arguments can be made within categories for different civics, but some arguments are stronger than others. Also please state the time period you're discussing for each country, because things change. Okay then, so for America right now in 2015 I have

Government: Federation. Now, I know Republic and Democracy are also defendable answers, but America has strong localized governments that govern in conjunction with the national government, and they have specific powers.

Rule: Bureaucracy. The president and Congress are in a deadlock, and while they don't exactly do nothing, at this point, the bureaucracy is doing a lot of the job of running the nation.

Society: Nationalist. I think that America is in a Nationalistic mood. What with the popularity of Donald Trump, and other jingoistic Republicans.

Economy: Corporatist. Corporations wield massive power over the economy. This is the most ambiguous one, but I interpreted free market to mean the laissez faire free market practiced in the 18th and 19th century, so that doesn't fit. As for regulated economy, I feel that while America might qualify, the corporate hold on the economy makes Corporatist the better choice.

Military: Volunteer army. I mean, no one is being drafted, and there's no total war going on. Though I believe in the near future we'll be seeing unmanned warfare.

Religion: Free Church. I know this might be a controversial pick, but Christianity seems to have too strong of a hold on American politics for America to qualify as secular, so I believe Free Church is the better option. The US is getting there though.

Welfare: Subsidized. The US welfare system is a bunch of subsidies to help the needy population. That is literally what Wikipedia tells you.

Foreign Policy: Interventionism. Ever since 9/11, America's been looking to flex it muscles around the globe to combat terrorism.

Top Bottom