1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Civilization do you use the most

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Mr Mcs, Feb 15, 2002.

?

What Civilization do you use the most

1. Americans

61 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Iroquois

32 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Aztecs

16 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. English

9 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Zulu

5 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. France

29 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. India

13 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Persia

108 vote(s)
    16.8%
  9. Babylonian

51 vote(s)
    7.9%
  10. Egypt

80 vote(s)
    12.4%
  11. Romans

39 vote(s)
    6.1%
  12. China

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  13. Greece

30 vote(s)
    4.7%
  14. Germany

53 vote(s)
    8.2%
  15. Russia

20 vote(s)
    3.1%
  16. Japan

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Egypt or Babylon!!!

Being Religious rocks... Cheap temples and cathedrals, lots of culture and happy people.:)

Scientific and Industrious are OK (better than Expansionistic and Militaristic and about equal to Commercial, IMHO)

And both their UU have their uses, particularly to trigger Golden Age in early medieval ages, to get a head start towards, Sun Tzu, Leo's and (above all) Sixtine Chapel...

2. Karstedt

Karstedt Chieftain

I'm random most of the time (I think it helps me better my overall skill). But I agree that once you've gone Industrious, the other civs are just puny pathetic poo-poos. If I pick a race, I'm usually the "Karstopians" (look at my name). It's a custom race that is Industrious and Commercial.

Yeah, yeah... so I'm egocentric.

3. Bismarck

Bismarck The Iron Chancellor

Japan and China, being military powerhouses, are easy to play.

Yet my personal favourite is France. I don't know why. Maybe because my empires always feel so "solid" and well-rounded

4. Bismarck

Bismarck The Iron Chancellor

Japan and China, being military powerhouses, are easy to play.

Yet my personal favourite is France. I don't know why. Maybe because my empires always feel so "solid" and well-rounded

5. bige2002

bige2002 Finally won on Regent

I like Babylon, but I've only played twice with them. I used to use the Americans, but after once with Babylon, I was hooked.

6. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Chieftain

1. Persia
    2. Babylon
    3. India
    4. Greek

7. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

I play Rome because I like the attributes and he looks the most like me :)

8. MTheil3508

MTheil3508 Chieftain

I think Carthage suits me the best. More gold, faster workers, bigger empires, everything a growing civ needs. Their UU works well to for a long period of time.

9. Xiasar

Xiasar Chieftain

Egiptians rule, the Culture of the Pharaons will dominate.

Religious => Quick government changes to adapt quickly for war (communism is fondamental for long lasting conquers) and you almost never get flips thanks to quink temples and cathedrals!
    Industriuous => Workers rule and a LOT of money for science research and to prepare war or keep far away colonies hurrying upgrades

10. Esca

Esca Chieftain

Perth. Western Australia. Most isolated Capital in
    Persia!

Use those Immortals to clear out all the Riff Raff from your Continent, then have your Palace at one end and the Forbidden city at the other.
    No stoppnig from then on.

11. anarres

anarres anarchist revolutionary

Can't answer - not only does it depend on what your style is, for me it depends on what I feel like on the day. Maybe an 'All of them' option ;)

I know some are easier to win with, but that isn't what makes a 'favourite' for me. I used to dislike expansionist civs as it felt like a wasted trait, but after some playing with them they are fun too. :)

12. cavemanf16

cavemanf16 Grand Poobah

Personally, I think the Americans should have been given a UU of 'Militia Soldier' as a special unit. After all, the F-15 comes too late in the game, isn't that useful, and really isn't a special unit in real life. The Soviets had the more powerful Mig-29 available during the Cold War that could outperform the F-15 anyways, so I'm not sure why the F-15 was chosen as the special unit.

So my thought is give the Americans an early version of the Infantryman that has 2 movement points, and is between a Rifleman and an Infantry unit in defense/offense capabilities. That would at least give the Americans a boost in the middle game, as having Expansionist and Industrious as Civ traits sucks after the opening moves part of the game. Once into the Industrial Age, I find myself bartering away whatever I can just to keep my American civ current with the Scientific and Religious Civ's.

As for who I actually voted for, I chose the Persians. Getting Monotheism and Nationalism for free is just too sweet to miss out on. Not to mention their special unit, which kicks butt right when everyone else is running around with easily defeated (when attacked) Swordsmen.

13. InfStack_

InfStack_ Chieftain

Hey Civ III PTW comes with the new civs... how about those??? I think that the Ottomans ROCK! The Siphani are sweet and Sci and Indust. can't beat that. Comments??????

14. Globetrotter

Globetrotter ...wherever i may roam...

Persia seems in the lead, and that's what i usually play, thx to its immortal (pretty handy in ancient times)
    But now with PTW, i wonder if i would stick to Persia, or find myself with another civ...

15. Lynx

Lynx Chieftain

AMERICA

16. Thunraz

Thunraz Chieftain

I usually play the Germans - closest thing to Swedes - since Vikings is no longer an option. Although, I must say that I love those Persian immortals.

17. CrackedCrystal

CrackedCrystal Where am I?

Egypt is the way to go, Rush temples easy with religious, and get that road network up quickly with industrious. That is the way to go.

18. anu

anu Chieftain

I usually play either the Babylonians or the Germans. Babylonians combine Scientific and Religious for the ultimate Culture Flipping and unbelieveable tech, but get a worthless UU. I usually build Spearmen and play defensive until I can build up a huge tech lead. Then, I hit the AI with Calvary and then tanks.
    The Germans get Scientific plus Militaristic, good tech, and the awesome Panzar. I am much more aggressive with the Germans, with quick promotions, and once you get Panzars, you can basically blitzkrieg to your heart's content! I also get more Great Leaders which helps build armies and wonders. I often go entire games with the Babylonians without getting a single great leader. I see little value in Expansionist and/or Commercial civs.

19. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Always religious. The rest is up to how I play the game.
    Scientific and religious for almost all culture buildings 1/2 price.

commercial is great in the opening game because you can get those advances about 4 turns earlier, but is useless during late game. Combined with scientific would be good.

who wins? 1 - Japan
    2 - India

20. Lynx

Lynx Chieftain

america is king in civ and life.