[NFP] What Civilizations do you want to see next? And do you want Civilization 6 to be expanded more? 2

Which of these Civilizations do you want to see in Civ 6?

• Total voters
Tecumseh leads the Shawnee in Sid Meier's Civilization 6: We the People.

Tecumseh.jpg

How about the Holy Roman Empire? (Germany doesn't count). Or bring back the Huns and Venice.

How about the Holy Roman Empire? (Germany doesn't count). Or bring back the Huns and Venice.
My ideas for Venice and the Huns might come, but not yet. :) How about Charlemagne leading the Carolingian Empire instead? Would that be ok?

Meh. HRE is more recognizable to the general population. Even most people don't know about the HRE, but Carolingian is even more obscure.

Meh. HRE is more recognizable to the general population. Even most people don't know about the HRE, but Carolingian is even more obscure.
True. Although considering Frederick Barbarossa's Leader Ability is Holy Roman Emperor, I don't think the developers would add the Holy Roman Empire into the game. Carolingian is my personal bias though.

Right. I just realized they are using that for both Germany and HRE essentially as the same civ. I wouldn't mind that they make him the leader of a new HRE civ, then add a new leader for Germany. The Hansa Uboat would stay with Germany as well as the ability but give them a new leader.

Make Barboarossa the leader of the new HRE Civ and then give it new abilities and unique units.

Right. I just realized they are using that for both Germany and HRE essentially as the same civ. I wouldn't mind that they make him the leader of a new HRE civ, then add a new leader for Germany. The Hansa Uboat would stay with Germany as well as the ability but give them a new leader.

Make Barboarossa the leader of the new HRE Civ and then give it new abilities and unique units.
Otto von Bismarck would be a good choice, as a fan favorite from Civ 5.

He's also the father of Germany as a political entity. Perfectly reasonable choice.

Randomly as this reminded me: Teddy Roosevelt is such an obscure choice for America. More recognizable ones:

George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FDR, Ronald Reagan. I wouldn't do anyone more recent than Reagan.

But all 4 of those were praised by many people and had highly consequential administrations. Probably more so than Teddy Roosevelt.

Spitballing here, but how about:

Holy Roman Empire
Ability: Free Imperial Cities
Leader: Frederick Barbarossa
Unique district: Hansa
Unique unit: Landsknecht

Holy Roman unique unit that replaces the Pike and Shot. Unlocked with Gunpowder. Does not suffer a Combat Strength penalty against melee units.

Germany
Ability: Kaiserreich:
Encampment buildings provide 10% more Production and Science equal to half of their intrinsic Production output. Encampments do not have placement requirements, and grant a standard adjacency bonus to Campuses and Industrial Zones. If a technology unlocks a unit, Germany gains 10% more Science towards it.
Leader: Otto von Bismarck (see above)
Unique unit: U-Boat
Unique building: Beer Hall

German unique building that replaces the Arena. Arrives later (with Medieval Faires). +2 Culture. +1 Amenity. +5 Loyalty in this city.

Spitballing here, but how about:

Holy Roman Empire
Ability: Free Imperial Cities
Leader: Frederick Barbarossa
Unique district: Hansa
Unique unit: Landsknecht

Holy Roman unique unit that replaces the Pike and Shot. Unlocked with Gunpowder. Does not suffer a Combat Strength penalty against melee units.

Germany
Ability: Kaiserreich:
Encampment buildings provide 10% more Production and Science equal to half of their intrinsic Production output. Encampments do not have placement requirements, and grant a standard adjacency bonus to Campuses and Industrial Zones. If a technology unlocks a unit, Germany gains 10% more Science towards it.
Leader: Otto von Bismarck (see above)
Unique unit: U-Boat
Unique building: Beer Hall

German unique building that replaces the Arena. Arrives later (with Medieval Faires). +2 Culture. +1 Amenity. +5 Loyalty in this city.
I like this. :) It's better than even some modders, who just gave Bismarck the ability to build the Ruhr Valley faster. :p I'm not joking, look it up, they actually did that.

He's also the father of Germany as a political entity. Perfectly reasonable choice.

Randomly as this reminded me: Teddy Roosevelt is such an obscure choice for America. More recognizable ones:

George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FDR, Ronald Reagan. I wouldn't do anyone more recent than Reagan.

But all 4 of those were praised by many people and had highly consequential administrations. Probably more so than Teddy Roosevelt.
True, but I think he's recognizable enough for most people so that the game is still marketable, and breaks from always picking Lincoln, FDR, and Washington. Other presidents need a go too.

I like this. :) It's better than even some modders, who just gave Bismarck the ability to build the Ruhr Valley faster. :p I'm not joking, look it up, they actually did that.
Wow. What a dismal mod. Didn't do their research, I see, because Bismarck lost the Kulturkampf. Even his loading screen intro is copied 1:1 from Civ 5.

Samuel de Champlain leads Canada in Sid Meier's Civilization 6: We the People.

Samuel de Champlain.jpg

Guillaume Henri Dufour leads Switzerland in Sid Meier's Civilization 6: We the People.

Guillaume Henri Dufour.png

Sam Houston leads Texas in Sid Meier's Civilization 6: We the People.

Sam Houston.jpg

What’s the process of working on civs
I used to do everything, but now, I have @Mr. Salt helping with the dialogue. :) Go check out his ideas, they are pretty good.

The order I do my Civilization and Leader ideas usually comes in this order:
1: Unique Infrastructure
2: Unique Unit
3: Civilization Ability
4: Leader Ability
5: Leader Agenda

I also borrow ideas from already existing mods when I can't figure out anything at first.

Top Bottom